We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

E: 07/02 The day my comping spirit died

Amilucky?
Amilucky? Posts: 13,794
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 7 February 2020 at 6:51PM in Compers chat corner
Today's the day that my MSE comping spirit finally passed away, as an avid comper and long time MSE Competitions forum time user, I have to say that this site has now lost nearly all of it's functionality and it is also visibly offensive so much so that it now just gives me an headache - i'm sorry to say that this is the end my friend goodbye!  #BringbacktheoldMSE   Amilucky?
«13

Comments

  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,861
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
     :'(  #BringbacktheoldMSE 
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
  • Amilucky?
    Amilucky? Posts: 13,794
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    you could sign the petition on twitter #BringbacktheoldMSE LOL!
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 5,454
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    edited 7 February 2020 at 9:21PM
    I think I'm pretty IT literate, I've been comping on here on and off since 2006 and today I'm just lost.
    I can't search, I can't sort, I can't change how many comps get displayed on each page, I can't tick or X
    I CAN'T DO ANYTHING  :'(

    Update - and why is the Edit button hidden behind the Settings "cog" ?!?!

     #BringbacktheoldMSE 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competitions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,137
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Amilucky? said:
    Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought that numerous MSE competition forum members where working with the forum team in the months before the Competitions forum change to ensure that the changeover went smoothly, SO how has the changeover gone so badly :-1:

    Can't speak for anyone else, but all I did was answer a few surveys. I didn't get to see the new forum until it was rolled out. I thought we'd have been providing feedback on screenshots for layout etc ...
  • Lucky1983
    Lucky1983 Posts: 2,990
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Anyone else just mentally counting the competitions they are missing while all this is being sorted out? I genuinely can’t deal with it as it is. I’m away next week so I’m hoping I get back and find this is a bad dream. 
    2024 wins - £100 book voucher
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.