New Forum layout problems / bugs / How Do I?

Comments

• Can anyone tell me how I change the forum the way you used to, to change forum thread order to sort posts by end date? I've been out of the game a while and now I can't see the options on the new style forums. Thanks
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,162 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    It's not available on this platform yet, but the tech team are working on it as a priority.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • Misslayed said:
    It's not available on this platform yet, but the tech team are working on it as a priority.
    Thanks, is there still an option to view the old style forum (just preferred it!) Thanks :)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Misslayed said:
    Thanks, is there still an option to view the old style forum (just preferred it!) Thanks :)
    no, that's all gone what you see is what you get
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,162 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Misslayed said:
    Afraid not, it's not just a new style, the entire forum has moved to a new platform, which needs adapting to what MSEers need/want. The old platform evolved over many years to the forum we knew and loved, but it was held together with string and chewing gum, no longer fit for purpose, so we had to move. Or lose the forum altogether. The techno bods are working very hard on adaptations, especially for us Compers, as they recognise that we have different priorities to the other boards. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • I've had a look through and can't seem to find the answer so, does anyone know if you can omit Entered/Skipped from search results ( for when doing comps ending)  Thanks xx
    "Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into someone else's nonsense, tell yourself: Not my circus, not my monkeys." - Mark Borkowski.
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've had a look through and can't seem to find the answer so, does anyone know if you can omit Entered/Skipped from search results ( for when doing comps ending)  Thanks xx
    No, I don't think this is possible (would be really useful though) 
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Disclaimer: I haven't read this whole thread, so maybe this has been mentioned?  The purple button that says "new" should actually say "unread".  It marks any thread you haven't opened to look at the details.  It includes threads where you've seen the title before.  The purple "new" button does not just mark new threads, or threads that have appeared on the forum since you last visited.  On the old forum, threads that were "new" since your last visit were shown with a bold title.  I believe this has not been carried forward to the new forum :(  At the moment, I have no way to tell which are new since I last visited.  :'(
  • thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 February 2020 at 11:49AM
    @tgroom57 The "New" marker refers to posts not threads. Any thread brought forward from the old forum shows as "New" to start with as you have not visited it in the new forum and all of the posts are "New" to you. Any thread, once visited, will get a new "New" when there is a new post added that you have not seen and when you click in to that thread you will be taken direct to that new post.
    It has been mentioned several times that there is currently no marker on threads to show if you have visited them or not as there was in the old forum. 
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 February 2020 at 2:18PM
    ...Any thread, once visited, will get a new "New" when there is a new post added that you have not seen and when you click in to that thread you will be taken direct to that new post.....
    Thanks @thingamaBob you explain things so much better than me. When there is a new post added the whole thread gets moved up the timeline to the time of the new post. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback