IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
ASK AN EXPERT: TRAVEL & HOLIDAYS. You've got a few more days to add your travel & holiday questions for deals expert MSE Oli

PCM UK ltd and TRACE debt recovery

Replies

• Rafiki13Rafiki13 Forumite
    32 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    Forumite
    hello 
    I found PCM address (not brittania you were right ) but they don't have email address so I will send my SAR letter by post.
    The letter will go as is on post #3.
    Can someone post here a link for letter to complaint to MP please.       THANKS
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    34.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Rafiki13 said:
    hello 
    I found PCM address but they don't have email address so I will send my SAR letter by post.
    That's strange, because the Privacy Policy on their website states:
    As a data subject, you have the right to request all personal data held regarding yourself and your vehicle through a Subject Access Request. This request must be made in writing either to the operator’s postal address or via email directly to the Data Protection Officer.
    My emphasis.

Yet they don't supply the DPO's email address - not anywhere on their website that I can see.
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Have you tried Companies House website? 

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    32 Posts
    Forumite
    ok so i read the privacy policy couldn't find it so I called them on the telephone number on the website (did not identify myself and no questions asked) they gave me the email address    [email protected]  ( I might send it to [email protected] as well thnks Kirk). 
    Yesterday I got a letter from Trace legal department with the threat of court if unpaid in 14 days.They also state that will affect my credit for 6 years . Is this not illegal?
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Rafiki13 said:
    ok so i read the privacy policy couldn't find it so I called them on the telephone number on the website (did not identify myself and no questions asked) they gave me the email address    [email protected]  ( I might send it to [email protected] as well thnks Kirk). 
    Yesterday I got a letter from Trace legal department with the threat of court if unpaid in 14 days.They also state that will affect my credit for 6 years . Is this not illegal?
    Why are you bothering with Trace ?????  Trace are just nomads who troll around the UK sending out stupid letters.  Trace as usual are talking cr*p, nothing can affect your credit rating until a county court judge rules so. and that's only if you lose.
    In theory, you should be telling Trace to sail off into the sunset ...... BUT, you really cannot be dealing with nomads and wasting your time
    32 Posts
    Forumite
    Hello 
    Just got the response to my SAR letter.
    I had doubts if I had identified myself as driver in my appeal but fortunately I did not  my appeal was and I quote
    " Hello . As per seen in evidence photo my PCM permit is displayed and visible."
    I remind you that I have a permit for parking in that car park they are claiming that I could not park on that particular bay or floor.
    What else should I be looking for on the info they sent me?
    So should I wait for a court summon or start preparing my defence?               Thanks for the support. 
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    118.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I had doubts if I had identified myself as driver in my appeal but fortunately I did not 
    You certainly did, but never mind, defend as admitted driver:

my appeal was and I quote
    " Hello . As per seen in evidence photo my PCM permit is displayed and visible."
    I remind you that I have a permit for parking in that car park they are claiming that I could not park on that particular bay or floor.

There is now a new thread I started last week with a downloadable defence designed to get cases struck out by Judges, that you can find when you search the forum for 'template defence'.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • My_name_isMy_name_is Forumite
    10 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Did you have to go to court eventually or are Trace still sending you letters?
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    the OP has not commented since 4th of March ..... you could try a PM but my feeling is you will not get a reply .

Sadly many posters come here for help and often do not give us the curtsey of an update / reply

Ralph B)