Forum Home» Credit Cards» Stoozing: Free Cash from Credit Cards

How accurate is MSE's Eligibility Checker? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

How accurate is MSE's Eligibility Checker?

12 replies 593 views
2»

Replies

• cymruchriscymruchris Forumite
    2.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a 0 percent chance of getting a Virgin credit card across all of the comparison style eligibility checkers (including the MSE one) - I tried the eligibility checker on Virgin's own website - and it was approved immediately. 

I also had a 0 percent chance of getting a Sainsburys credit card - again tried the Sainsburys site - and it was also approved immediately.

I also had a 40-70 percent chance of getting an Amex across the various eligibility checkers - but on the Amex direct websites checker - they gave me 0.5 out of 10 (5 percent) - so didn't apply.

It works both ways - but the best option always in my view is to use a credit card providers own eligibility checker. It's just a shame that some banks still don't use them - HSBC/John Lewis/Tesco etc.

An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • adamp87adamp87 Forumite
    485 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I had a 0 percent chance of getting a Virgin credit card across all of the comparison style eligibility checkers (including the MSE one) - I tried the eligibility checker on Virgin's own website - and it was approved immediately. 

I also had a 0 percent chance of getting a Sainsburys credit card - again tried the Sainsburys site - and it was also approved immediately.

I also had a 40-70 percent chance of getting an Amex across the various eligibility checkers - but on the Amex direct websites checker - they gave me 0.5 out of 10 (5 percent) - so didn't apply.

It works both ways - but the best option always in my view is to use a credit card providers own eligibility checker. It's just a shame that some banks still don't use them - HSBC/John Lewis/Tesco etc.

HSBC had one over the past 12 months and then suddenly got rid of it again.