New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Talk me down please 2

551 replies 82.8K views

Replies

• elsienelsien Forumite
    24.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I need to sort out getting my hair done. Didn’t have it done before the second lock down and it’s annoying me now.
    I tend to leave my brows to look after themselves. Not quite a monobrow, luckily, but there’s scars underneath both from childhood accidents which I don’t really want to expose. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • ArchergirlArchergirl Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    So glad you are doing well Melly it's a joy to hear after all these years, bet you don't even recognise yourself and how far you have come, massive hugs and keep up the good (ignoring) work xx
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    30.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a fab colour, Melly.
    You look great.
    What make and colour is it please?
    My hair is very short - I have it cut every 6 weeks and feel it needs a colour to lift it. I'm a mousey brown.
    I usually do mine 'mango copper burst' from Superdrug but have been thinking about those pale pink/lilac shades for a change.
  • mellymoo74mellymoo74 Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hairdresser did my roots but I have been rebrightening with revlon colour bomb 740 light copper 
    Have osmo colour revive bright copper to try next. 
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FSLG82H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_79nZFb8S1MQPS
    Have a look at that it seems to be really good on virgin hair. 

I feel fat not going to lie and have struggled a bit with the weight gain I know it's normal and I'm now a healthy weight but boobs and a belly are odd
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    24.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had boobs, but am definitely getting a belly which is new to me and which I am putting down to a) middle age and b) doing bog all since lockdown started. 
    Yours suits you melly. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • mellymoo74mellymoo74 Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm losing some now I'm back at work cos of the running around so that's good. 
    I want to keep my face weight gain cos I look healtheir 
  • thorsoakthorsoak Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
     Not only do you look healthier, Melly, you are healthier!    Carry on the good work xxxx
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely pic Mel, you really look great  :)  i love the hair colour too!
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mel I've been having umpteen laptop issues so offline quite a lot.
    Good to see you looking well and happy. You do look great so believe us when we say you aren't overweight. I know the demons can return from time to time . It used to happen with my dd. Thankfully she's now free of those thoughts.
    Do you remember when you posted the before and after pics after leaving ? Look back to the hollow cheeks and dead eyes then look in the mirror and see the healthy , full of life woman you are now.
    I hope there wasn't a backlash over the repossession. Even with the weird times we are living in at the moment you can look forward to your first peaceful Christmas in far too many years. It's been a long time coming but finding the courage to leave has changed your life forever.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.