Monese bank problem

Options
13»

Comments

• imtiazahmedm
    Options
    I have been using Monese Bank account for almost 4 years now. Mostly using it for cash deposit and so. I never had any problems until now. They have £20,000 of my money on hold and there is no other way to contact them except emailing them. I received those money from my online gaming, when they have asked me for more details i have given to them but i am still waiting for my money. I have reached out to their social media platfrom, they are messaing me the same thing saying that a they will get back to me as soon as possible. Then i went on to check the reviews and noticed that i am not the only one who is suffering such a problem and there are 100s of them with the same problem.
    I contacted trustpilot to ask them for the detail of the reviewer so that i can speak to them and see what is going on. But they are not allowed to give such informations. I would really appreciate if you we can all make a group and do something about it.
    Please email me or message me here. I need support and i need my money and they cannot just hold money like this for no reason . this is outrageous and very stressful .

• imtiazahmedm
    Options
    Ro2124 said:
    Anyone had dealings with Monese bank, initially thought they were quite good, very easy to sign up, but since then it's been downhill all the way, their customer service is appalling, despite having three ways to communicate- email, chat and telephone.
    Tried chat, got a brief answer eventually after 3 hours.. And that was it! The guy I was dealing with disappeared and not been online for 3 days. Then I tried to phone,but it just rang and rang for 20 minutes and no answer, they do have a call back option, which I pressed but two days nothing, no call back either.

So now tried email, hopefully getting an answer before Christmas, but I won't hold my breath.

Thing is the matter is a bit urgent I am concerned about an IBAN transfer I made to them which was quite a large amount, according to the sending bank in Czechia transfer was successful, but it's been over a week now and it's still not showing up on the Monese account, which is a bit worrying. IBAN transfer was made from bank in Europe, so should not take over a week I would assume? And it was GBP to GBP so no currency conversion to consider.
    But with them not answering, it's difficult to know what's going on, so I got quite a large amount sloshing around the banking system somewhere without a clue where it is.

Well, their holding bank seems to be in Tallin, Estonia where the Monese account is held so I wrote to that bank too, but they said they couldn't give any details. I have to deal with Monese. Which it appears would be similar to trying to contact Mars.

In contrast also been dealing with Transferwise before, they are far more efficient normally answer phones fairly quickly. Wish I had sent the money there now.

Ro2124 said:
    Anyone had dealings with Monese bank, initially thought they were quite good, very easy to sign up, but since then it's been downhill all the way, their customer service is appalling, despite having three ways to communicate- email, chat and telephone.
    Tried chat, got a brief answer eventually after 3 hours.. And that was it! The guy I was dealing with disappeared and not been online for 3 days. Then I tried to phone,but it just rang and rang for 20 minutes and no answer, they do have a call back option, which I pressed but two days nothing, no call back either.

So now tried email, hopefully getting an answer before Christmas, but I won't hold my breath.

Thing is the matter is a bit urgent I am concerned about an IBAN transfer I made to them which was quite a large amount, according to the sending bank in Czechia transfer was successful, but it's been over a week now and it's still not showing up on the Monese account, which is a bit worrying. IBAN transfer was made from bank in Europe, so should not take over a week I would assume? And it was GBP to GBP so no currency conversion to consider.
    But with them not answering, it's difficult to know what's going on, so I got quite a large amount sloshing around the banking system somewhere without a clue where it is.

Well, their holding bank seems to be in Tallin, Estonia where the Monese account is held so I wrote to that bank too, but they said they couldn't give any details. I have to deal with Monese. Which it appears would be similar to trying to contact Mars.

In contrast also been dealing with Transferwise before, they are far more efficient normally answer phones fairly quickly. Wish I had sent the money there now.

i am going through the same problem . they are holding 20K of my money and its been nearly 10 days. I keep emailing every single day and i do not know what i can do now. We need to do something about it. Please email me so that we can make a group and discuss further about this problems.

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A fraudster would be bricking it now especially if they had to transfer funds to a ''third party'' shall we say? Just saying - they will block your account until they are satisfied you are the true beneficiary of these funds - Coronavirus has slowed most enquiries to a near standstill so you may have a very long wait before you see your money.
    Before you kick off about Monese this might have happened with any kind of account at a bank or building society.
  • sxavier
    Options
    Is the worst bunch of criminals ever. They have thousands of complaints and they keep operating and the FCA not doing anything to stop them. They block accounts without warning or notification on false pretexts (security, AML, or they just don't inform the reason). Some transactions keep pending for weeks and their customer service is useless. They hang up the phone after waiting for an hour, the complaints and support email only provide automated responses. They frozen my salary without specifying the reason, and they kept my money. I cannot withdraw, transfer or pay. Some people have lost thousands and haven't been refunded. Just AVOID THIS THIEVES AT ALL COSTS!!!! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback