Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Equifax and 2020 electoral Roll

Hi, my electoral roll info has disappeared from Equifax this year. Tried to get a better rate on a credit card and was declined due to this. Was going to query with Equifax what happened when I saw this in their FAQ. Apparently some local authorities have not reported it yet.

(I tried to post a link, but it wouldn't allow me: google "equifax When will my 2020 Electoral Roll Registration be updated?"

Anyone else affected by this as well?

Replies

• Yes - lots of people currently.
  • PennyPopsPennyPops Forumite
    16 Posts
    Forumite
    Just wish they would hurry up lol government always taking their time
  • DandytfDandytf Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I was recently advised up until April for this years.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -90-100 miles top charge. Savings continue.Faster Fibre has arrived albeit 1gb to 500mb.
  • onthemend88onthemend88 Forumite
    257 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I was told that it would be updated by the end of January as my local authority has reported recently this month.
    First Time Buyer
    AIP 18/02/2020 - Full Application 25/02/2020 - Valuation - 16/03/2020
    17/03/2020 - Mortgage Offer Issued
    23/03/2020 - LOCKDOWN

19/06/2020 - Exchange of Contracts
    07/08/2020 - Officially Homeowners
    16 Posts
    Forumite
    Ah great, thanks that should help. I've just popped off an email to mine to enquire about it.
  • GrowingoldGrowingold Forumite
    134 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Showing as not registered on electoral roll for this year 2020. Phoned Equifax and they said they were waiting for records and it would be updated overnight when they received them. Checked with local council 2 weeks ago that I am indeed on the electoral roll and if records have been sent . They confirmed both.
    So why is Equifax not updating their records? How can they remove you from showing registered if they are still waiting records for the current year which my local council say have been sent!
    16 Posts
    Forumite
    Yeah I was also told records have been sent.
  • Strange, mine always updates at the end of December (approx 27th/28th). I've lived in 2 different local authorities in the last 3 years too.

So for those final few days of the year it's a red flag as I'm not "currently" on the ER (as it was expecting 18-19, but got 18-20!!) but then come 1st Jan it goes back to yellow (on, but not for 3 years).

It's crazy how much influence such a clearly broken system can have on people. I love at work when we query why one applicant isn't on the ER and the reply is "yes I am... I voted in the last election" :rotfl:
    Used to work in Underwriting. Only the lender can give a definitive answer to queries
  • GrowingoldGrowingold Forumite
    134 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Equifax are still not showing my correct electoral roll records. Still showing I'm not registered but I AM. My council sent them all the information weeks ago. What right do they have to change your records to not registered if according to them they are still awaiting information for this year?
  • boo_starboo_star Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Growingold wrote: »
    Equifax are still not showing my correct electoral roll records. Still showing I'm not registered but I AM. My council sent them all the information weeks ago. What right do they have to change your records to not registered if according to them they are still awaiting information for this year?

If they don't have the current data what they're reporting is correct, as far as they're concerned.

It has nothing to do with "rights."
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals