BA changed name on booking!

Options

Comments

• ttoli
    ttoli Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    malkie76 wrote: »
    I’m reasonably sure BA won’t make any changes to a booking via email. Something not right here.
    quite ! , I book hundreds of seats with them each year for my clients and It's news to me , one or two letters maybe but not a complete name unless It was a fully refundable Club Class ticket which was cancelled and rebooked ?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    "If what the OP says is accurate" is the critical question here.
    My point exactly.
    malkie76 wrote: »
    I’m reasonably sure BA won’t make any changes to a booking via email. Something not right here.
    My point exactly.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,561 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ttoli wrote: »
    quite ! , I book hundreds of seats with them each year for my clients and It's news to me , one or two letters maybe but not a complete name unless It was a fully refundable Club Class ticket which was cancelled and rebooked ?

BA flight only bookings do not allow name changes

name changes are permitted on a BA Holidays bookings
    7.4.5. If you are a resident of the EEA purchasing a Package, you are allowed (under the Package Travel and Linked travel Arrangements Regulations 2018) to amend individuals' names, subject to an amendment fee, and any additional charges made by the suppliers of the services (e.g. airline, hotel, car rental company, experience provider or transfer provider) to make the changes, which will be advised at time of enquiry. Any changes of the individuals named in the booking are conditional on the substitute individual accepting these booking conditions and otherwise satisfying all the conditions applicable to the Package.

I suspect the devil is in the detail of the email
    It would have made more sense to ask for the cost of changing the name of one of the passengers to another person rather than for example...what would be the cost of changing Mary Smith to Fred Bloggs
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    I suspect the devil is in the detail of the email
    It would have made more sense to ask for the cost of changing the name of one of the passengers to another person rather than for example...what would be the cost of changing Mary Smith to Fred Bloggs
    I can't see what the difference is.
    If the OP's son simply asked if it was possible, what notice was required and how much it would cost, why would BA effect the change?
    If BA did effect the change when it was a simple 'is it possible?' email, they will have to put it right.
    Because they (BA) are in the wrong.

I think there's much more to this than the OP initially reported.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    Why would you ask if a name can be changed to XYZ rather than just ‘can it be changed?’

Story is fishier than an afternoon with John West :)
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    OP have you seen your sons email yet
  • Pollycat
    edited 28 January 2020 at 9:16AM
    Options
    Would BA effect a name change without checking if (for example) Tom Smith was actually Thomas or D i c k Smith was actually Richard or Harry Jones was actually Harold?

Genuine question:
    Do airlines only deal with lead passengers?
    I wonder who is the lead passenger.

Good question from photome.
    What exactly did the email say?
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also surely they wouldnt have changed the name without taking the amendment fee payment first?
  • Jumblebumble
    Jumblebumble Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 January 2020 at 2:48PM
    Options
    Also surely they wouldnt have changed the name without taking the amendment fee payment first?
    I am also most surprised that anyone except the lead passenger is authorised to make such changes
    I also understood from the BA Website in such cases the ticket is cancelled and reissued
    Assuming this is flight only
    Outside this cooling off period, flight-only tickets are non-transferable and you will need to cancel the original booking and make a new booking for the new traveller (at current ticket prices). Please call us if you'd like more advice and assistance
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    BA do not allow a change of passenger on a flight booking. They will not discuss bookings with anyone other than the lead pax if booked direct, or the agency that made the booking if booked via a 3rd party. They will not make any amendments without taking and authorising payment.

If it's a flight and hotel booking a change of passenger is allowed, providing you satisify BAs C of C (presuming it's a BA flight) for having been prevented from travelling by events beyond your control, Again only via the lead pax and only when payment for the change has been taken and authorised.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure