IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Claim Submission Form Received - Acknowledgement filed...now to prepare the defence

Options

Comments

• gbbe
    gbbe Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    gbbe said:
    Last question...... 
    I don't believe it.  :)
    You better believe it! I think we are nearly there....... Well until we actually get to the hearing and I start panicking 🙈
  • gbbe
    Options
    well that is it...... everything is in 2 separate envelopes to post tomorrow, one to my local court (where the hearing is due to take place) (im guessing thats where the court one goes) and the other to the claimant at their head office

I want to say a massive THANK YOU!!!!! to everyone who has helped and supported and tweaked every little thing and answered all my questions i really do appreciate it so much!
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No guessing as to where you send the court doc! Can't you hand deliver it?? That's literally in every thread...
  • gbbe
    Options
    No guessing as to where you send the court doc! Can't you hand deliver it?? That's literally in every thread...
    with everything thats currently happening i dont think the courts are even open

• gbbe
    edited 6 April 2020 at 9:41PM
    Options
    Online it says:

"It is your responsibility to make sure that the court or the other parties get your documents on time. There are rules about when the court assumes someone received a document if it is sent by post or other methods.

These are:
    First class post - The second day after it was posted.
    Delivering or leaving it in person - If left before 4.30pm on a working day, it is received that day. If after 4.30pm, it is received the next working day.

Many courts now have a drop box in the court building where you can deliver documents in person without having to see court staff. Make sure your documents are in a sealed envelope and well labelled. Documents need to be delivered to a drop box before 4.30pm or it is assumed it was received on the next working day."

If you just walk up and put it in a box without even seeing anyone, why cant it be posted?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gbbe said:
    KeithP said:
    gbbe said:
    Last question...... 
    You better believe it! I think we are nearly there....... Well until we actually get to the hearing and I start panicking 🙈
    So I was right. :)
  • gbbe
    Options
    KeithP said:
    gbbe said:
    KeithP said:
    gbbe said:
    Last question...... 
    So I was right. :)
    @KeithP we were so close!!
    can i really not just post this court bundle? online says it can be
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ok, there's a reason we say to hand deliver. It's in every. Thread. I'm not kidding. Every. Thread. Even now

its stupidly important it gets there 
    post is rubbish right now 
    Make your choice. 
  • gbbe
    Options
    Ok, there's a reason we say to hand deliver. It's in every. Thread. I'm not kidding. Every. Thread. Even now

its stupidly important it gets there 
    post is rubbish right now 
    Make your choice. 
    Oh okay thanks. I am emailing a full copy too 
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    They are to receive docs. It's essential travel, do it. Ring binder, nicely divided. Make the courts job EASY 
    It is NOT essential travel and its incredibly irresponsible of you to post such advice in the current climate AND possibly put their health at risk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure