box sent 1 pound
sky kids 1 pound
sky sports 9 pounds
sky cinema 10 pounds
sky sports HD 2 pounds
sky HD 1 pound
sky multiscreen 13 pounds
Total 52 pounds

I have been trying to get it down but I don't seem to get anywhere? DO you think I'm getting a good deal?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    £624 a year is too much. Sky sports is expensive considering they don't have all the football anymore. If you didn't need Sky Sports you culd do what I do and save a packet.

Youview PVR for recording freeview channels and catchup for a one off cost of £130 (or cheaper second hand) with no on going subs.
    A Nowtv cinema pass available for around £2.50 a month with codes bought from Amazon or Ebay and Entertainment pass for similar money with no lengthy contracts. You could add Netflix and Amazon video for an extra £12 a month too.

But if you want sports they've got you by the short and curlies.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

my sky contract is coming to an end and I have been offered the following:
    sky entertainment 15 pounds
    box sent 1 pound
    sky kids 1 pound
    sky sports 9 pounds
    sky cinema 10 pounds
    sky sports HD 2 pounds
    sky HD 1 pound
    Total 52 pounds

I have been trying to get it down but I don't seem to get anywhere? DO you think I'm getting a good deal?

Thanks

You need to decide how much of this you want or watch if you really want to save anything. If you don't watch the films its pointless paying for Cinema, for example.

If you can live without the entire concept of Sky+ recording you could just dump the lot and go for Now TV which streams down your internet connection and use it as a top-up for Freeview, and maybe supplement with Prime or Netflix.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi,

my sky contract is coming to an end and I have been offered the following:
    sky entertainment 15 pounds
    box sent 1 pound
    sky kids 1 pound
    sky sports 9 pounds
    sky cinema 10 pounds
    sky sports HD 2 pounds
    sky HD 1 pound
    Total 52 pounds

Thanks

If you do need that lot then yes, it's not a bad deal (only you know whether you need it or just want).

That said the Sports Extra package has had a soft launch (they'll be advertising it shortly) where you have to ask for it. It includes all of Sky Sports, BT Sports & Premiere Sports(which will include Boxnation shortly). I've no idea what price it is however.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure