Love to shop but hate the debt

:wave::hello:
As the title suggests this is my downfall. Having stumbled across this site by accident ( I still can't remember what i was looking for) I started reading some of the diaries and it was from reading those that I realised I do have a problem. I always thought everyone had debt although it was one of those things that people never discussed, clearly I was wrong! I've now decided that I would like to try the other way of living and become debt free. Looking at my finances if I do not get into any more debt and I do not increase my payments etc I will be debt free in 7 years. However, having read other diaries I want to be free from debt sooner rather than later. My main problem is my spending, I genuinely have a problem. I just love to shop and it doesn't matter what it is I'm buying. I can convince myself I need whatever random item I see and until I buy it I can't stop thinking about it. Needless to say, I have a house full of non essential purchases. I get deliveries most days of the week and most of the time I can't remember what I've ordered and a lot of the time I don't even bother opening them. I've tried to address this by cancelling my subscription on the rainforest namesake website. The progress I've made this month I think has been due to reading other people's diaries as it has kept my focus. So far, I've only made one 6 online purchases and 4 trips to the shops which is really good going for me. My ultimate aim is to be in the other club by 2025 and hopefully to have bought a house by the end of 2025. Thanks for reading

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals