Small change to the Ignore function

Hi,

While the majority of people using the MSE forum are polite, courteous and helpful, there are those who aren't and who seem to make it their life's work to disrupt threads, especially discussion ones. Luckily, MSE have the fantastic "Ignore" button that allows members to hide posts from those who they feel are disruptive by posting random, off-topic contributions or those who are argumentative.

The only problem with the Ignore function is that whenever the person you have put on Ignore makes a post, MSE displays a message "You can't see this post because you have this person on ignore". When you 'Ignore' someone who makes multiple in series on a thread, it gets almost as irritating scrolling through multiple lines of "You're ignoring this person" than it is scrolling through the nonsense posts themselves. Almost ;)

I was wondering whether a simple change to the "Ignore" function could be made to remove this annoying message and just hide the message completely (and hide any threads created by the person you have on ignore)?

I think you'd find that it would save MSE board guides and staff a huge amount of admin as there would be less complaints about disruptive people if you could completely and absolutely ignore them!!

I really see no purpose in reminding me I am ignoring someone every time they post!! I KNOW I'm ignoring them, that's why I put them on Ignore!!! :D;)
5.18 kWp PV systems (3.68 E/W & 1.5 E).
Solar iBoost+ to two immersion heaters on 300L thermal store.
Vegan household with 100% composted food waste
Mini orchard planted and vegetable allotment created.

Comments

• Does anyone from MSE actually monitor this board or are we just whistling in the wind? :rotfl:
    5.18 kWp PV systems (3.68 E/W & 1.5 E).
    Solar iBoost+ to two immersion heaters on 300L thermal store.
    Vegan household with 100% composted food waste
    Mini orchard planted and vegetable allotment created.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure