Npower and EON merge

Options
Today I received and email saying EON will be taking over my Npower account, I’m furious I’ve never liked EON, what can I do to exit this ridiculous contract EON are a nightmare and a rip off please help as when I called today they told me I’d have to pay the £60 exit fee, even though I expressed I don’t like EON’s service.

Comments

• nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today I received and email saying EON will be taking over my Npower account, I’m furious I’ve never liked EON, what can I do to exit this ridiculous contract EON are a nightmare and a rip off please help as when I called today they told me I’d have to pay the £60 exit fee, even though I expressed I don’t like EON’s service.

Hello Mummyoftwolilladies, at the moment we are still npower and there are not changes to your account or who is managing this it is still the same. The email is to let you know what is coming and we will be in touch when you personally would be moving to Eon. If you can send an email to the address on our profile page with your account details and details of this query one of the team will be happy to look into this further for you. Thanks, Carmel :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Hello Mummyoftwolilladies and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you don't like us. Don't worry, as Carmel explains above, nothing has changed as far as npower customers are concerned. Customers like yourself should continue to contact npower about their accounts.

If you haven't already, please take up Carmel's offer of help.

Thanks Mummyoftwolilladies.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    nPower wrote: »
    Hello Mummyoftwolilladies, at the moment we are still npower and there are not changes to your account or who is managing this it is still the same. The email is to let you know what is coming and we will be in touch when you personally would be moving to Eon. If you can send an email to the address on our profile page with your account details and details of this query one of the team will be happy to look into this further for you. Thanks, Carmel :)

Thanks Carmel and have a good weekend.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 January 2020 at 6:54PM
    Options
    I have been with Npower for many years , without changing supplier as any actual, as opposed to claimed , savings have been trivial or ,as with my current long term contract ,Npower were cheaper.

I received my email ,about being taken over by EON, today ,so decided to look on here and am quite alarmed by the problems people have had. Many have complained about Npower, but I've found any (very slight) problems easily dealt with.

Npower are very clear about smart meters and contact me very rarely, as they gave the option of having a refusal noted.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When the takeover is complete, will nPower disappear or will it run parallel with Eon, as Plusnet does with BT, under the Eon umbrella group?
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I have been with Npower for many years , without changing supplier as any actual, as opposed to claimed , savings have been trivial or ,as with my current long term contract ,Npower were cheaper.

I received my email ,about being taken over by EON, today ,so decided to look on here and am quite alarmed by the problems people have had. Many have complained about Npower, but I've found any (very slight) problems easily dealt with.

Npower are very clear about smart meters and contact me very rarely, as they gave the option of having a refusal noted.
    teddysmum wrote: »
    When the takeover is complete, will nPower disappear or will it run parallel with Eon, as Plusnet does with BT, under the Eon umbrella group?

Hello teddysmum and, at the moment, nothing has changed with your npower account.

We'll be in touch by letter or email after we've successfully migrated your account. At this point, we'll give you lots of information including a comprehensive list of FAQs. Until this time, you'll remain a npower customer and should continue to contact them in the usual way with any queries about your account.

Once the migration has been completed, you'll be supplied and billed by us. As I say, we'll be in touch with chapter and verse once all has been done.

Thanks teddysmum.

Malc
    45002 Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 11 December 2020 at 4:49AM
    Options
    Had email from npower saying I'm been moved to rubbish Eon
    I don't want to move to Eon and wish to stay with Npower.
    Eon are useless.....
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • welshmoneylover
    Options
    I find Eon one of the better ones....
    Be happy, it's the greatest wealth :)
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    45002 said:
    I don't want to move to Eon and wish to stay with Npower.
    That isn't an option, but you can choose to switch somewhere else if you don't want to stay with E.ON
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback