New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The FIRE revolution

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Savings & Investments
51 replies 5.8K views
C_MababejiveC_Mababejive Forumite
11.4K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Savings & Investments
Saw this one doing the rounds on FB. Looks like you sign up to a course to learn to trade binary options or similar and get Rich

https://fire-revolution.co.uk/
Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..

Replies

• TBC15TBC15 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    The poor !!!!!! can’t afford a razor, is this a charity?
  • Personally I don't trust these sort of websites, you're making them rich not you.

FIRE is about retiring early and there are plenty of free resources on how to do it.
  • Snow_DogSnow_Dog Forumite
    688 posts
    ✭✭
    Shouldnt be doing the rounds on faceache as they technically have banned binary options adverts - though if this is advertising a course in how to gamble in a rigged game then that may be their get out clause.
  • igladiglad Forumite
    218 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    This is just there to sell you a package of his nonsense and rip you off as it won't make you financially independent or be able to retire early.

File under scam
  • MaxiRobriguezMaxiRobriguez Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    The people who get caught up in this will soon know FIRE as: Financially Irresponsible, Retrospection Essential.
  • droopsnootdroopsnoot Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I signed up for his mailing list based on it being FIRE-releated (even though it's a bit late for the "E" part for me) but it's not really. I still get emails trying to flog me stuff, but I can't say I've read any since the first couple.
  • Sir_RobinSir_Robin Forumite
    52 posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    The FIRE communities I’ve seen are extremely frugal and advocates for diversified passive investing.
    Paying for a dodgey course on trading is pretty much the last thing they’d do.
  • lalmanlalman Forumite
    279 posts
    ✭✭
    I am currently 33, and think Mr Money Moustache is good for FIRE movement.

I have 4 BTL's now and a full time job, and worked out i need 8 before i achieve FIRE.

I have found it a lot harder in the UK to achieve FIRE than our American counterparts... it just feels they have more disposable income/ cheaper housing to achieve it quicker.
    My Goal: From 1st of Jan 2015 to 31st of December 2015 is to save 30000.

48.78% towards 2015 target.

105.3% towards 2014 target. :j
  • bostonerimusbostonerimus Forumite
    3.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sir_Robin wrote: »
    The FIRE communities I’ve seen are extremely frugal and advocates for diversified passive investing.
    Paying for a dodgey course on trading is pretty much the last thing they’d do.

I couldn’t agree more. That website is the antithesis of the conventional FIRE movement. The site asks if you are happy with the income your investments generate, and I can honestly answer “yes”, because I have followed the FIRE principles of frugality and investing in low cost funds for the past 30 years. FIRE takes discipline and time, but it can work and I retired when I was 52 with no debt and complete financial independence.....even from the stock market.
    Misanthrope in search of similar for mutual loathing
  • igladiglad Forumite
    218 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    The people who get caught up in this will soon know FIRE as: Financially Irresponsible, Retrospection Essential.

Financially Illiterate Regrettably Expensive