Debt Free by 40

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just read your whole diary! Well done for being so organised! I definitely think a bullet journal is the way forward. I too have been spending far too much money on shopping! I’ll be reading with interest and here to cheer you on!
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    missymoo81 wrote: »
    Just read your whole diary! Well done for being so organised! I definitely think a bullet journal is the way forward. I too have been spending far too much money on shopping! I’ll be reading with interest and here to cheer you on!

Thanks Missymoo! Some days I don't feel very organised, but this year I need to pull myself together and get things sorted. Spent too long with my head in the sand ignoring the reality of things. I highly recommend a bullet journal. It's really helping me, especially with keeping focused on my goals, and what I really want in life.

Do you have a diary? I would love to subscribe if you have and cheer you on as well. The support on these diaries is just phenomenal. I'm sure it's the magic ingredient we all need to succeed! :cool:
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • Loving the meal plan Eyebright. Will be pinching some of those for sure ;)
  • Eyebright
    Morning MSE,

Not managed to get online much these last couple of days. Life has just been hectic and crazy and now LO is poorly with whatever I had, and I haven't had a second to myself really!

Had to leave work early yesterday when nursery rang to say she was ill. So spent £4 on a bus ticket home. Also bought myself some lunch before I had to leave. I'd taken soup to work with me but my container had leaked and the soup was everywhere in my bag :(:(:(
    I was so hungry and didn't know when I'd get to eat once I got home with LO being ill so I caved and bought a sandwich and bag of crisps. I think it came to £4.65, can't remember off the top of my head, but I've kept the receipt in my purse to add it to YNAB. I have budgets in place for all these things, but they weren't planned purchases!

As I've barely been near the laptop I've also not managed to get anything on Prolific this week. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice to get some pounds rolling in to OP the loan with.
    Soon be DD day and I can watch all the money drain out of the bills account, then I can update the debt totals.

Off to try and catch up with everyone's diaries whilst LO is occupied watching Fireman Sam!
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    EF Saving 285/500
  • Hi Eyebright
    Just catching up on your diary, you are doing fab! Please don't be so hard on yourself £17 in the great schemes of things is nothing, I think its like being on a diet, 1 bar of chocolate isn't going to ruin your diet but if you then go onto have 20 bars of chocolate a pizza a bottle of wine and then some and that continues for weeks it will. So just forget about the £17 and move on. Baby steps and all that.

Your meal plan sounds great, thank you for sharing I love to hear what people are making and get some inspiration :)

Poppy :heart:
    19-02-18 Total Debt £30,322
    17-12-21 I'm Debt Free 🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • Eyebright
    Thanks Poppy :)

I've let the £17 go, as you say in the grand scheme of things it doesn't amount to much, but I have hopefully learnt from it!

Glad you liked the meal plan, I love the OS boards for seeing what people are cooking and eating, so I thought I would include mine here. I've even stuck to it so far this week!:cool:
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    EF Saving 285/500
  • Hi EB,

Hope DD is feeling better? Poor love.

Boo to the flask leaking, that's annoying and good that you managed to get something to eat even if it meant you had to spend some money. These things can't be avoided sometimes.

Have a lovely wekeend xx
  • Eyebright
    Thanks PMO2, DD is feeling better now finally, though we had a rough weekend with her and not a lot of sleep!

Been AWOL for a few days now :eek: the last few days have been miserable as DD has been poorly, and I've realised that I'm an emotional spender :o Had quite a few unplanned spends over the weekend, where I've gone online and bought things. I know it's an emotional response to the stress of DD being ill, and feeling tired and down. I haven't put anything on a CC though, which is something, but will leave budgets a bit tight for the rest of february. I'll return most of it when it arrives...

In better news I remembered that we don't pay council tax this month, so I have moved £140 into the EF, which now stands at £285:D and I found £10 whilst tidying up :j. I've put that to one side to pay the window cleaner when he comes next, and the £10 in the joint account allocated to the window cleaner will go towards a little overpayment to the loan :)

My brother is coming to stay tomorrow until Saturday. He gets here tomorrow evening, so we will probably eat out with him one evening, but have an eating out budget, so that's all planned for. Looking forward to seeing him!
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    EF Saving 285/500
  • Eyebright
    Forgot to say that the loan payment comes out tomorrow, so that will give me some squares to colour in, in my BuJo.

Also it was £1 max selling fees over the weekend, so I've managed to find a couple of bits to list on eBay, which will hopefully sell, and give me some money to help put towards the 3 birthdays I have coming up at the beginning of March.
    I've also sorted out a few bits I can hopefully sell on some FB selling groups. I just need to get my a$$ in gear and take the photos and post them on there!

Busy day today, sorting out the spare room and cleaning the house. Didn't do much over the weekend with DD being poorly, so I need to catch up and make sure the spare room has clean bedding and is dusted and hoovered ready for the arrival of my brother.

Have a good day everyone.x
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    EF Saving 285/500
  • Hi EB,

Glad DD is feeling better, it's horrible when they are ill.

Well done on the EF, it's building up nicely.

Yay to finding money, always a plus in my book :D

Have a lovely time with your brother xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport