We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Frugal, thrifty, make do, mend! Let this debt come to an end!

Options

Comments

• Elisheba
    Elisheba Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a little update on the hair dye. I've decided to use a semi permanent one - quite a bit darker than my hair currently, but hopefully fairly similar to my natural colour (sans the grey). Hopefully this means I can grow my hair out, but hiding the fact it's two different colours and it won't permanent colour or bleach what I'm growing out. Then when it's decent length I can stop dying it. That's the theory anyway - fingers crossed it works!
    Live the good life where you have been planted.
    Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2022 - 15 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2023 - 6 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2024 - 67 remaining out of 72 My Frugal, Thrifty Moneysaving Diary
  • Moorviews
    Moorviews Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your rest days and a respite from the usual schedule. Hopefully your dog will get with the flow soon! It certainly has been chilly with a northerly wind here. I still wrap up in my thick dressing gown in the morning. Good thinking on moving some savings out of sight into Premium Bonds. With a bit of luck you might get a little win as a reward. 
    Hair seems to require so much decision making; I am currently contemplating how much to chop off. I cut it myself so I shall probably go inch by inch as usual. It would be nice to have a restyle, however my hair is so awkward unfortunately. 
    The wraps sound very tasty and I shall be trying that out soon. 
  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So nice to get a lie in. I've had a few this last week, due to feeling ill with covid, but they have definitely helped. Not had 8hrs sleep a night in ages.  Hopefully silly dog will want a few more late mornings in future. 
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,466

Mortgage July'24 £15,100 Officially ends 06/26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £1008.00

Challenges

EF #68  £290/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £106.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £20.46
    Christmas '24 £15 

Make £5 a day July £65.04/£155      
    NSDs July 7/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up

• Elisheba
    Elisheba Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon, frugal friends,

Yes, sadly @Makingabobor2 silly dog was awake fairly early again this morning.  Only 7am so not too bad, but I prefer 8am!

I dyed my hair this morning.  Its darker than I expected, and a few different shades due to the previously dyed parts which had been bleached, and my roots which haven't been bleached.  Its doesn't look that bad though and I suspect will fade a bit as its semi permanent.  Hopefully this will all lead to a smooth move over to au natrelle when its is long enough.

Had my water bill through today.  Not sure if I mentioned on here, but I got a water meter filled really quickly when I requested one despite all the warnings the company made that it could takes months and months.  Due to the warnings I phoned them and got them to put me on an assessed rate before the meter was fitted so I am currently paying £35 a month.  Looking at the water meter reading and dividing up all the charges, I am only using just less than £20 a month.  I'll wait until the next bill comes in in another 6 months time though before I change my payments, so I have better data.

There is also a small amount left over from last year that needs paid - can't remember why exactly.  It was something to do with moving over to an assessed rate and not getting charged for one month. Anyway overpaying for the next few months will sort that out and give me a little extra as well.  It was very much worth moving over to a meter though - longer term that will save me £30 odd a month.

I need to go to the shop for cheese at lunchtime, so will walk silly dog near there.  

Hope everyone has a lovely day.
    Live the good life where you have been planted.
    Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2022 - 15 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2023 - 6 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2024 - 67 remaining out of 72 My Frugal, Thrifty Moneysaving Diary
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,973 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good work 😊 I love my Snag tights and shorts 😊 Do need to go through my wardrobe too so thanks for the reminder 😊
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Snag bras are brilliant!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business