Problems with Eon - and the switch hasn't even gone through yet!

Options
littlewren
littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
edited 6 January 2020 at 3:15PM in Energy
I changed from Scottish Power to Eon about 3 weeks ago through Martin's Cheap Energy Club website. I was a bit worried about leaving Scottish Power as I'd had no problems with them or their website but I wanted a better tariff.

So I started the switch and received a letter from Eon about a week later to say I could now register my account, enter my meter readings and set up a direct debit, the letter was dated 28th Dec. I read the meters, went to their website, registered, and was told I couldn't enter the readings until at least the 2nd Jan. This was the first thing, just a hiccup because of Christmas I thought.

2nd Jan, I went back, logged in, entered my electricity reading and found it wasn't possible to enter the gas reading. I decided to use online chat. The person I 'chatted' with told me I could give her the gas reading, which I did. She took a while but then came back to say that they now had both the electricity & gas meter readings.

A few days later I logged in again to make sure the box stating 'meter readings' had a tick to show that this part of the process had been completed but it didn't have. I just thought the website was very slow in updating.

Now I've just received an e-mail saying "We need your meter readings, if you don't enter them we will estimate them and you will pay more." Logging in again, there is an exclamation mark in the meter readings box.

I tried clicking on the link to enter the meter readings yet again as they requested and it says 'As you have already provided us with your opening meter readings.
We are unable to accept any further meter readings for the time being.' (Not even proper sentences from them).

Is this a sign of things to come? Has anyone else who is with Eon or changing over had these problems? I'm beginning to wish I'd stayed with Scottish Power who are on the ball and whose website is great. :(
Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!

Comments

• SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just joined eon myself it seems my switch has gone through and have my meter readings from previous supplier, but not passed them on to my previous supplier yet as they have sent me a estimated bill 3 times, which goes against procedure.
    Eon can not gauge my energy use yet as its only been 2 weeks of gas/elec use.
  • Greenenergy
    Options
    Eon really are terrible - they mislead about smart meters and their website and apps are both poor . I would cancel the switch if I were you .
  • littlewren
    Options
    SeeMe wrote: »
    Just joined eon myself it seems my switch has gone through and have my meter readings from previous supplier, but not passed them on to my previous supplier yet as they have sent me a estimated bill 3 times, which goes against procedure.
    Eon can not gauge my energy use yet as its only been 2 weeks of gas/elec use.

I have just been chatting online again with them, they said to ignore the letter and ignore the email! I asked what was the point then in sending out a letter & email, they said they didn't know, probably because I am a new customer. On the website when I log in, it says 'you need to enter your meter readings' and I pointed this out to him, he just said 'take no notice.' Oh dear, let's hope we haven't made a big mistake!

I wish the Eon representative was on here at the moment.
  • littlewren
    Options
    Eon really are terrible - they mislead about smart meters and their website and apps are both poor . I would cancel the switch if I were you .

Too late, my cooling off period is up. I am not going to have a smart meter, they can contact me about one but I don't have to have one, I've even taken a photo of the tariff info to prove it!

Yes, their website is terrible, I'm not even bothering with the app as I'm sure it won't be any better.
  • SeeMe
    edited 7 January 2020 at 5:57PM
    Options
    littlewren wrote: »
    I have just been chatting online again with them, they said to ignore the letter and ignore the email! I asked what was the point then in sending out a letter & email, they said they didn't know, probably because I am a new customer. On the website when I log in, it says 'you need to enter your meter readings' and I pointed this out to him, he just said 'take no notice.' Oh dear, let's hope we haven't made a big mistake!

I wish the Eon representative was on here at the moment.

Just had my 4th estimated bill from british gas after telling me they have not had my meter readings passed to them yet from eon or third party, mr blobby or whoever, fed up now.
  • littlewren
    Options
    Just had my 4th estimated bill from british gas after telling me they have not had my meter readings passed to them yet from eon or third party, mr blobby or whoever, fed up now.

That's terrible SeeMe, we're constantly being told that it's easy to switch yet when you come across problems like this it's no wonder people are wary. I was hoping the Eon rep would see my post on here but no joy.

The chat person (overseas as always) told me they have my readings and quoted them back to me but if, like with you, they don't send them on to the new supplier what good is that?!
  • SeeMe
    Options
    That's terrible SeeMe, we're constantly being told that it's easy to switch yet when you come across problems like this it's no wonder people are wary. I was hoping the Eon rep would see my post on here but no joy.

The chat person (overseas as always) told me they have my readings and quoted them back to me but if, like with you, they don't send them on to the new supplier what good is that?!
    Phoned British gas this morning, and they told me to ignore the estimated bill because they now have my readings and they are accurate to past readings.
    They said a final bill will be sent next week by post and not email, so i hope that happens and things settle down.
  • littlewren
    Options
    Phoned British gas this morning, and they told me to ignore the estimated bill because they now have my readings and they are accurate to past readings.
    They said a final bill will be sent next week by post and not email, so i hope that happens and things settle down.

Fingers crossed for you SeeMee, if you keep yours crossed for me too! lol

I tried to log in to Eon earlier but they were 'having problems.'
  • SeeMe
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you SeeMee, if you keep yours crossed for me too! lol

I tried to log in to Eon earlier but they were 'having problems.'

Yes hope it goes ok for you.
  • littlewren
    Options
    Yes hope it goes ok for you.

Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure