Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Options
    Fella wrote: »
    Britannia's fixed regular saver appears to have ended.

Thanks a lot for posting something on this thread. I have not been on the forums for a couple of days so I did not know either but I am subscribed to this thread so I get a daily update of any posts made here.

I have made the following updates:

i) removed the Britannia account
    ii) removed "updated" tags and old rates from the first posts of this thread as I think all the banks and building societies have now finished this round of changing rates and the next round of rate changes may soon happen if the Bank of England do go ahead and reduce their rates again
    iii) updated the Magic 8 entry to warn people that several moneysavers have reported BACS transfers arriving earlier than expected
    iv) amended the Leek BS entry with their updated terms and conditions (saying that existing members can open an account regardless of where they live)
    v) updated the link to the HSBC regular saver (interest rate is the same, just the location of this account on their website has changed so I have updated my link so it points to the right place)
    vi) updated the BMW [strike]eSaver[/strike] Car Saver rate (has dropped by 0.25% to 7.75%)

All other links and interest rates are still correct (I just checked them all).
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    updated the BMW eSaver rate (has dropped by 0.25% to 7.75%)

quote]

:confused:http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/direct_finance/savings_and_inv/e-saver/overview/0,,,00.html :confused:
  • Fella
    Fella Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks a lot for posting something on this thread.

No, thank you very much for maintaining it. This is a great thread & I've opened several accounts I didn't know existed because of it.

cheers
    Fella
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I managed to open one of these about the last day it was available 2/3 weeks ago. I now use it to feed my Regular Savers, in the same way as the Coventry First account. The rate is 6.4% and valid for one year. So just as useful, but as I say no longer available.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Sorry bristolleedsfan, I meant BMW Car Saver (see post 6 of this thread) rather than the BMW eSaver. It was a Freudian slip - I had been thinking about the eSaver account. I have corrected the posting above.

Fella, thanks for the encouragement.
  • knights
    knights Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    N & P Family Regular Saver 8% fixed for 1 year
    Credit to Mary for posting this on the general savings and investments board as a new thread today:-

Norwich & Peterborough Family Regular Saver:-

First spotted on Moneyfacts site http://www.moneyfacts.co.uk/Savings/...T.mc_id=343435

and now on Norwich & Peterborough own site, as of 1st Feb.
    http://www.npbs.co.uk/families/regular-saver.asp

Max £250 p.m. 8% including bonus and fixed for one year and at the end of the first year, the rate becomes variable.
  • DocProc
    DocProc Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might find the following Comparison Tool to be useful, which I outline below.

The FSA produce impartial tables to compare similar financial products from different companies. The tables are comprehensive, but a few companies have chosen not to provide them with data, and these are detailed on the tables. They are updated every working day

There are tables for:
    • Pension annuities
    • Mortgages
    • Savings accounts
    • Stakeholder and personal pensions
    • Unit trust and OEIC ISAs
    • Investment bonds
    • Savings endowments
    Here is the link:

http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk/tools/compare_products.html
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    DocProc, clicking on that link takes you to http://www.fsa.gov.uk/tables which has been mentioned here before and I agree that is a very good source of information.

Knights and mary, thanks for the information on the new N&P Family Saver. I have included a link to mary's thread which confirms that this account is only available to people who can prove that they have dependent children. I have put this account in to post 4 (matures after 12 months) as the interest rate drops after 12 months. I do admit that 6% from year 2 onwards is not bad though.

I have also updated the thread, moving the Skipton BS Christmas Saver into a category marked "Matures After Less Than 12 Months" and, to be consistent, have put the Loughborough BS account which matures on 30th November 2009 into a category marked "Matures After More Than 12 Months". The Monmouthshire BS Christmas Saver remains in post 2 as it does not appear to have a maturity date - you can carry on saving beyond Christmas.

Nick_C, it looks like you were ahead of your time. The Yorkshire BS Internet Saver that you highlighted on this thread ended up later being recommended by Martin in his weekly e-mail this week.
  • eezydeals
    Options
    First of all a big hello to everyone.:hello:

I noticed at the start of the thread where info on the Best Feeder Accounts is listed that the info on the Yorkshire BS Internet Saver Account states you can not pay in by standing order. I have just opened one of these accounts and I paid in my first payment this way and have it set up to make regular payments by standing order. Below is a section from the info posted on the Yorkshire BS site as part of the key features of this account:

Depositing money
    Your initial deposit may be made by cheque, but all subsequent deposits must be direct transfers, either from another bank or building society account, e.g. by standing order, or another account held with the Yorkshire. Please note, we do not accept postal orders.

I would just like to add that openeing the account was very easy. The comfirmation letter arrived very quickly followed by the Link cash card a few days later and the first payment by standing order that I set up through my online banking went through with no problems. I hope this info helps anyone thinking of opening a Yorkshire BS Internet Saver.

Many thanks and kind regards
    eezydeals :smiley:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    eezydeals wrote: »
    I noticed at the start of the thread where info on the Best Feeder Accounts is listed that the info on the Yorkshire BS Internet Saver Account states you can not pay in by standing order.
    The 'no standing order' statement refers to payments out of the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure