Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    If it's like the TSB then it's also fixed term in the sense that you cannot open a new one until the term is up, even if you've withdrawn all the money.
  • steve65e
    steve65e Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    If it's like the TSB then it's also fixed term in the sense that you cannot open a new one until the term is up, even if you've withdrawn all the money.

TSB, BoS, Lloyds and ClubLloyds RS all work like that. But curiously, Halifax is different. There seems to be no restriction on opening another if you've closed it early.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    steve65e wrote: »
    TSB, BoS, Lloyds and ClubLloyds RS all work like that. But curiously, Halifax is different. There seems to be no restriction on opening another if you've closed it early.

For Halifax if you close it earlier. Do you still entitle to the interest until the date of closure ?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    For Halifax if you close it earlier. Do you still entitle to the interest until the date of closure ?

http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/accounts/fixed-term/regular-saver/
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »

Thanks for reply. But it is not clear yet (it has not been spelt out) whether they will pay you interest up to the closing date.

"5. Can I withdraw money?
    No.
    No withdrawals are allowed unless you’re closing the account.
    After 12 months any money you’ve saved (plus interest) transfers into your nominated account, if you have one. If you don’t, we’ll open one for you as part of this application
    ."

I wonder if anyone has personal experience and/or get info directly from Halifax ? It is good to know this option just in case they launch a new regular saver with higher interest rate in the near future.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for reply. But it is not clear yet (it has not been spelt out) whether they will pay you interest up to the closing date.

No.
    After 12 months any money you’ve saved (plus interest) transfers into your nominated account, if you have one. If you don’t, we’ll open one for you as part of this application
    ."

I wonder if anyone has personal experience and/or get info directly from Halifax ? It is good to know this option just in case they launch a new regular saver with higher interest rate in the near future.

Is there any mention of a penalty in the terms? No. So there is no penalty.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

No.
    ."

glider3560 wrote: »

Is it just me?:wall:
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »

They do say that they might apply a charge for accounts that are closed early. I posted the full text in an earlier post: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73410187&postcount=6679
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    They do say that they might apply a charge for accounts that are closed early. I posted the full text in an earlier post: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73410187&postcount=6679
    But there is nothing in the account conditions. That's just some general text about closing accounts.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Many thanks to all the people who placed useful posts on this thread. Here is this weekend's update.

- Bank of Scotland Vantage account entry updated to make the current interest rate clear
    - Chorley BS Festive Fund account withdrawn and removed from post 3
    - Link at the bottom of this post altered so that I can copy and paste the link to the first page easily and correctly every time I do an update

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure