Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    I believe their system does allow you to open one. They will then manually close it within a few days.

hence why they clearly tell you not to ;)
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    Thatcher's Falklands will become May's North Korea!

Won't have thought so.

The last Korean War represented a British split with American foreign policy, which meant we luckily avoided Vietnam.

Can't see any reason for British military involvement in this case.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I cannot see anything that has changed for this weekend's update. The Notts BS website has no changes yet but I shall check again next weekend to look for any changes.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    This has been a controversial point as people have been given different information from Nationwide. I have twice been told that you can keep the accounts paying 1% then downgrade and upgrade in 12 months, if the 5% offer is still available, but my local branch insist that you have to be without the Direct account for 12 months.

They say this is strictly by the book and I do agree that this is what the T&Cs imply. However, when I asked the CS person, who said she was at the head office, if her information was correct, after quoting the relevant part of the T&Cs,she said she was correct and that my local branch would be contacted sothey were informed.

I've decide to play it safe, downgrade the two sole accounts (leaving in a few pounds only),so my husband and I can have new savers in a few months ,closing the joint account, as that is no use for obtaining a saver and putting the majority of the money into Lloyds, who pay 2%,with perks.

Well, with with Nationwide, there is no need to be surprised when you get a different information from a different agent.

I have accounts in almost every high street bank in the UK and many Building Societies. In my personal experience dealing with them, when come to giving information on their own products, NW is one of the worst one. You cannot just believe what they are telling you. If you call on different time and get another agent, you might get a different information.

What is good about this if you want to capitalize this misinformation giving is that the information they are giving you might lead to the loophole on their online banking to be tried to be taken as an advantage.
  • Kosher_Kid
    Options
    Eco_Miser wrote: »
    Or we may not be - that's just more conjecture.

This is the Savings and Investments board. We generally have to assume life and banking will continue much as it has been, or else we may just as well spend as much as we can before the end of the world.

"Being of sound mind, I have spent it all" :eek:
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Notts BS 2% offering is closing for new savers on Saturday.

Still showing that this is available online. I wonder if Ive been given some dud in branch info.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hot from the press, or more accurately 35 minutes on the phone.

Three different people, the first on the phone to a branch, the second to Nationwide on the phone and the last to Nationwide on the phone to put everything in place, different department. Each of them gave the same answer to my questions asking about the way forward, no confusion there.

My previous regular saver having reached maturity was closed over the weekend. It became a Flexclusive Saver Issue 8. As soon as it was renamed online, I opened a fresh Regular Saver 2, on Saturday. I virtually emptied my FlexDirect account which had also reached its 12 month stage.

On the phone my FlexDirect was changed to a FlexAccount, they call it switching. It keeps the FlexDirect account number etc, which is what I wanted as there is continuity of the £1000 per month deposits on the FlexDirect account. The switch was instant as I was online throughout.

The FlexAccount requires a monthly deposit of £750 to keep the regular saver at 5%. I've asked online for the Flexclusive Saver to be closed. That's Nationwide sorted then.

Having spent a similar length of time to FirstDirect sorting out a similar situation there, I've had to listen to the seemingly interminable explanations of the accounts and replied to personal questions by the dozen, twice. But it's a one off so gritting the teeth and trying not to drift off thinking about something else is the answer. How the staff members responsible for churning out this stuff all day and every day cope, I've no idea, it's mind numbing.

Anyway, that's it for what it's worth :)
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Virgin Regular E-Saver Issue 7 online available
    2.25% Matures 20 Oct 2018
    Thanks Virgin
    https://uk.virginmoney.com/savings/find/regular_e_saver_issue_7/overview?FromETS2=False
  • JamesRobinson48
    Options
    ... also new Virgin Money 'Store' RS out this afternoon, Issue 6.

https://uk.virginmoney.com/savings/find/results/#all
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    In the past it is only their regular saver paying 2% is only available in Branch.

I wonder, is it possible to apply online now ??

Wonder no more and look at the conditions of the account Adindas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport