Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Nationwide8
    Nationwide8 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Hung up my suit!
    edited 4 April 2017 at 1:38PM
    Options
    SM responded to..2 days after I sent it with a standard response of " I can confirm that as a 1-2-3 customer you will automatically upgraded to the higher interest rate " ( Regular esaver Issue 4 )
    It's still at 2.5 % ………

Have SM them back to say when will it go up considering the automatic increase should have been 3 rd April ?

Took a two pronged approach to this and tel them yesterday and its been ref to sales ????? Apparently i should get a text when the rate will go to 5%.

Not complicated at all :cool:
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Standing Order only

Ok thanks, just checking as many state SO only but permit 1st payment to go via transfer and KTFs earlier post suggested to me that he did that ?
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok thanks, just checking as many state SO only but permit 1st payment to go via transfer and KTFs earlier post suggested to me that he did that ?

You can try but personally, I wouldn't risk it for one days extra interest.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    When opening the new Santander RS can the initial deposit be made by transfer or do all 12 have to be made by SO ?
    My first payment on the day of opening was an internal transfer from my 123 account then I set up an standing order (11 payments) for the rest.

Its still in there today so I doubt they will return it now.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 April 2017 at 2:49PM
    Options
    Useful info for Santander Reg eSaver Issue2 ers:

I have Reg eSaver Issue 2. Unfortunately it will continue to pay 3% variable (for select or 123 World customers or 2.5% for others) :o

BUT... Santander CS have just confirmed they will allow me to close the Iss2 immediately, and will pay the due interest up to the date of closure and transfer it to my current ac(choice).

Then "... you should allow couple of working days to close, calc the interest etc. and when the RS2 disappears from the on-line ac list, you can open Iss 5 at the 5% fixed".

How good is that? Well done Santander! :T
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PS You can close the iss2 in branch or on phone - not on-line..
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    PS You can close the iss2 in branch or on phone - not on-line..

You can also close by sending them a secure message.
  • Father_Christmas
    Options
    Anybody know if I can set up a standing order from a Santander cash E-isa (0.75%) to this regular saver? Or would I have to withdraw to current account and then to the regular saved via SO. ?
    Am i here to save money or spend money......hmmmmm
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anybody know if I can set up a standing order from a Santander cash E-isa (0.75%) to this regular saver? Or would I have to withdraw to current account and then to the regular saved via SO. ?
    From the Key Facts Document...
    You can save up to a maximum of £200 each month for 12 months by standing order from your Santander current account.
    You couldn't set up a SO from your ISA to anywhere could you? SOs are generally only allowed from current accounts, not savings accounts.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, even their 'everyday savers' don't allow setting either SO or regular transfers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure