Hi I need help I’ve searched this site and another and it seems I should ignor this but please can someone more knowledgeable confirm my next move , I dropped of my uncle at train station back Piccadilly Manchester , 5th December I received the letter on 28 December “ Dated 24th December. It’s from UKCPS notice to keeper a small picture of my number plate with a £60 fine .
Please can someone advice me. Regards s

Replies

• Egbert_NobaconEgbert_Nobacon Forumite
    425 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Welcome you are not the first.

Search for the thread of MissBizzita where you will find all you need.
  • edited 1 January 2020 at 11:48AM
    The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 January 2020 at 11:48AM
    Is the land covered by railway bye laws? If so different laws may apply, it is all explained in the stickies.

It is not a fine, it is an invoice from an ex-clamper to compensate them for the alleged harm they suffered when you did what you did. We call it a scam. Pay them not a penny unless a judge so orders it.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/FONT][/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near the bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'

newbies thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Ralph:cool:
  • edited 1 January 2020 at 12:09PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 January 2020 at 12:09PM
    Justified wrote: »
    Hi I need help I’ve searched this site and another and it seems I should ignor this but please can someone more knowledgeable confirm my next move , I dropped of my uncle at train station back Piccadilly Manchester , 5th December I received the letter on 28 December “ Dated 24th December. It’s from UKCPS notice to keeper a small picture of my number plate with a £60 fine .
    Please can someone advice me. Regards s

The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law changed in 2012, so I'm not sure where you got that idea from.

It is not a fine.

Please read the sticky thread for NEWBIES as well as the other thread you were pointed to. Send the appeal template in blue text you will find in post 1 of the NEWBIES then read up on what to do if/when it is rejected.
    There have been a lot of threads about this particular location, and a lot of people posting on MissBizzita's thread in the last few weeks so you should be looking at them as well.
    There is a very useful video in that thread that should be bookmarked in case this goes to court.

You should also be complaining to your MP and the MP of that particular place if different about this entrapment area and about this unregulated scam in general.

Please also let local and national press know about this scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News