Forum Home» Special Occasions & Other Celebrations

* Step into Christmas * & 2020 - It's the 2020 Christmas Chatter Thread - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

* Step into Christmas * & 2020 - It's the 2020 Christmas Chatter Thread

807 replies 73.5K views

Replies

• PeppapigPeppapig Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    Happy new year everyone. Thanks for new thread 3FORHOLIDAYS.

I’ve taken all the decs down except for the outside fairy lights and everything is put away. I always take the decs down straight after Christmas as I like it all clear for new year plus they upset me because they’re a reminder that it’s all over for a whole year.

I haven’t made any resolutions as such but I do want 2020 to be a more spiritual year, more focussed on appreciating the moment because I really feel like I’ve spent 2019 on a treadmill trying to keep up with everything. Plus all the usual eat more healthily, get more exercise type things of course. I am also determined that my bike is coming out again this year because last year it only saw daylight when I took it out to wash it.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    146.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just updated the food list with a few items that came to mind.

Does anybody else have any suggestions to be added?

hiya all :hello: hope it's okay to add a suggestion that I usually
    add a couple of tinned fruits to my xmas shopping list each year
    ie: fruit cocktail/peach halves/pear halves etc for those
    who don't eat/like Christmas pudding/mince pies :o
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• CazD2008CazD2008 Forumite
    145 posts
    Hi All,

Happy New Year!

I’m looking forward to seeing what 2020 has in store for us!

3FORHOLIDAYS thanks for creating the new thread!

We still have our tree and decs up, but I will be taking them down tomorrow. I struggle to feel festive after the big day is over with!

I was just looking through previous years chatter and we sometimes we had 100+ pages of Christmas chatter. 2019 was less than 50 :( did anyone feel less festive in 2019?

I will endeavour to post more on this thread in the lead up to Christmas 2020!
  • junior_jjunior_j Forumite
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I declare the 2020 Christmas Chatter Thread open!

:xmastree:

Thanks for the sparkling new thread 3forholidays
    Happy new year :beer:
    mandco wrote: »
    3forholidays Thank you for setting up the new thread it is much appreciated

Popping in quick to wish everyone a
    Happy New Year
    Hope 2020 brings health, happiness & lots of great memories to you all

Catch up in the new year

Happy new year!

I'm back off work, had a nasty seizure on the 27th , they cut my uniform off so will go out tomorrow to replace it. Stoopid epilepsy.

I have a special friends 30th birthday on the 5th , want to get him a nice keep sake and a memory.

Also got to finish off a friends birthday which was on the 28th , seeing them Sunday so will sort both prezzies out in next couple of days.

I plan to be way more organised this year with birthdays/Christmas/special occasions. Again like most I want to only buy appropriate/relavent gifts.

My sleep is all over the place , when in hospital they found my thyroid results were over three times higher than they should be. They've put me on 6 tablets a day. Not sure if total coincidence but since starting them I'm suffering terrible nightmares. The ones where you wake up , sweating with a racing heart.

Have a fantastic , healthy and happy NEW YEAR everybody.
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • PeppapigPeppapig Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    Oh JJ that’s a rotten end to the year for you. I really hope the change to your meds will help stabilise things and the awful nightmares stop very soon.

CAZD the thread was definitely slower last year with only a few sticking with it for the whole year. We were missing quite a few regulars too. I must admit I wasn’t as Christmassy last year as I usually am, there was just so much else that seemed to take my energy. Here’s hoping for a more upbeat 2020.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • GettingtherequicklyGettingtherequickly Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy new year everyone!

Ah Jess, not a great end to the year for you, hopefully that will mean a better one this year :)

Thanks 3 for starting the thread.

Started for Christmas, well in that I have picked up a couple of train sets with track, which were reduced to £7, at that price had to buy, no doubt the charity will find a couple of kids who will be happy to have one.

Was thinking last night, I made 19 Christmas cakes and out of the lot, I have not had as much as a raisin!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • junior_jjunior_j Forumite
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peppapig wrote: »
    Oh JJ that’s a rotten end to the year for you. I really hope the change to your meds will help stabilise things and the awful nightmares stop very soon.

Peppa thank you lovely. 7th I see my Gp and the 9th my neurologist, hoping to find a good balance and my biggest wish no more seizures.
    Happy new year everyone!

Ah Jess, not a great end to the year for you, hopefully that will mean a better one this year :)

Thanks 3 for starting the thread.

Started for Christmas, well in that I have picked up a couple of train sets with track, which were reduced to £7, at that price had to buy, no doubt the charity will find a couple of kids who will be happy to have one.

Was thinking last night, I made 19 Christmas cakes and out of the lot, I have not had as much as a raisin!

I haven't had any Xmas cake in 2019. Can't believe you didn't eat any when you made so many x
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • 3forholidays3forholidays Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Great bargain GTQ with the train sets. Always worth keeping an eye out for those sort of classic toys.

Great suggestion about the tinned fruit fire**fly - l’ll add that to the list. I quite often have ice cream with tinned fruit as a dessert.

It is back to work for me tomorrow as, being in Scotland, today (2nd January) is also a holiday.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • RedredrobinRedredrobin Forumite
    144 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    HAPPY NEW YEAR XXX

Not the greatest start to a new year went to the doctors earlier this week and was given antibiotics for a chest infection , feeling much worse so gone again days later today's diagnosis is viral laryngitis ! My only consolation is ive got time off work and the year can only get better [hopefully].

Christmas 2020 planning and buying is well under way, i only buy for my parents [almost sorted ] my new little niece [sorted] and hubby and Dd who i have ideas for but won't be buying yet , also on the way to being completed is Dd's birthday gifts only got her Amazon voucher to buy now then that's all sorted .

I'm always on the lookout for Advent lucky dip gifts for Dd too so far i think i have around seven .

My new years resolution is to procrastinate a lot less [ once I'm feeling better ]

3forholidays thanks for the shiny new thread .

• kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy new year folks! Sorry to read some of you haven't had the best of starts to 2020, hoping it can only get better from now on x

We had a lovey NY (despite me not usually being a fan) Friends invited us round for lunch and we started celebrating 2020 with the Sydney fireworks then followed others across the globe which was great fun (albeit we did flake before London :rotfl::o)

Despite me saying I wasn't going to look for gifts in the sales I did get a couple of bits in the B00ts 50% sale for 2* DN. They're actually a version of something I got a friends girls a few year ago when they were younger. I'm going to start checking my list too for next year.

Decs have been taken down and packed away today, bar two stocking holders that need a bit of a respray.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16