We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2020

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Still slow going, only 2 more things UU at the moment.

10. Cien Citrus Anti-dandruff shampoo
    11. Listerine Coolmint 500ml Mouthwash HG, replacement already in use.

A few things are nearly finished, including my Sleeptherapy pillow mist by Avon. I do love this, but would be up for trying something different. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Annual challenge:
    11/120

The sleep sprays are just a gimmick imo, if you really want a relaxing scent a few drops of lavender or chammomile on a hanky would be better.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    Options
    uu

Glamglow Youthmud 50g - I do like this but it is very expensive, ridiculously expensive really, so WNBA.

• lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,411 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Two out one uu maybelline fit me concealer. WNBA

One thrown out L’Or!al nude lipstick, just wasn’t me and have been using it for a while. Have ones I’d rather use up instead.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FluffyDog wrote: »
    UU:
    The Body Shop Satsuma shower gel 250 mls. Got more in the stash. Favourite scent.

This is an absolute favourite of mine, too!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,857 Forumite
    Options
    I have won a Maybelline mascara via GlamGeek so will throw my Bare Minerals Lashtopia away when it arrives. The BM one is getting rather dry.

So, last year for Emma's birthday I made a Colourpop order however one of the glitters that I ordered did not arrive. They refunded me. All was well. Then Emma sent me a message at weekend that it was now on sale on their website. I'm not ordering from the US I said because of the taxes etc I said. Then the thought niggled at me. I ended up relenting thinking that she had wanted the glitter originally. OK, so I have justified this as I used Paypal funds from recent Ebay sales and will have birthday money soon. Don't judge me too harshley! (Ha, ha, I know you all won't).
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    Options
    uu

Relivio Dry Skin Lotion 500ml - ages ago I ordered DD some moisturiser (I can't remember the name of it now) and when it came the company had put two of these in the box as freebies, they have an expiry date on them which was just past so they couldn't sell them so rather than waste them they were giving them away. Sensible in my book as we've had them a while now and they are still totally fine - I take no notice of bb dates on food so why would I on body lotion. As far as the product goes it was just a basic but it did a good job.

• radioles1408
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    The sleep sprays are just a gimmick imo, if you really want a relaxing scent a few drops of lavender or chammomile on a hanky would be better.

Thanks dolly, but I've already got two lavender diffusers on the go in the bedroom and I've tried lavender on my pillow previously. I'm not sure if the sleep spray helps, but I really like the scent of it and I think it encourages me to take deeper breaths. As you can probably tell, I'm not a great sleeper, so I try as many things as possible.
  • VALM
    Options
    2 more UUs:-

Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser 200ml. Have more of this and original LE in stash.

Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Marshmallow Latte handcream. Nice fragrance. Would repurchase. Think I have two more in stash (not this fragrance though).
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    [STRIKE]ABC body lotion
    ABC body spray
    [/STRIKE]Jack Wills body spray (using as room spray)
    Amika Bombshell Blow out spray
    Lacura Moisture Boost Cream

Am trying my hardest to get through the room spray.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • radioles1408
    Options
    A couple more things to add to my tally;

12. Chewable Vitamin C tablets-UU
    13. A lip crayon that has gone off-TA

Annual challenge 13/120
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories