We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2020

Options

Comments

• FluffyDog
    Options
    UU

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Handcream. 30ml. WNBA. More of a thick lotion than a cream. Lovely scent, just not heavy duty enough for my skin in the winter months.
    The former wondercollie
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    uu

Nails Inc Porchester Square - used it last night, there was a lot of tipping and rolling to get enough on the brush, it has gone very thick too so some nails were a bit of a mess but my topcoat saved them. Has gone in the pile in the garage for the tip. This was the old style bottle and I have another this colour and style in the stash and a gel one.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ABC body lotion
    ABC body spray
    Jack Wills body spray (using as room spray)
    Amika Bombshell Blow out spray
    Lacura Moisture Boost Cream
    [STRIKE]Gym for your skin vitamin c serum[/STRIKE]

Gym for your skin vitamin c serum - have recently bought a back up of this. Even though I have said I won't repurchase other items I am going to keep a look out for this to see if I can get it cheaper than RRP (£37.00). Steveo, as my resident skincare guru on here, what is the reommended shelf life for Vitamin C derived serums? I know they have a shorter shelf life but not how long.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU from last night:

Oral B Satin Tape 25m WDBA. An essential. Cheap and effective :)
  • sstevo19
    Options
    One IN from yesterday:

Jordan Samuel Skin The Matinee Gel Cleanser 180ml

I have never been so excited about a product in my life. I've been wanting to try this range for ages, and it finally landed on Cult Beauty this week, as you couldn't order it from them directly as they're based in the US. I used this last night and it was beautiful. I could have bought more from this brand but I decided to just get one item and then try one of the other cleansers when I've finished some more of my cleansers.
  • catherinekate
    Options
    Three UUs:
    Mac face & body foundation - this was OK but I am going back to Armarni Power Fabric, much nicer (and more expensive)
    Bar of soap
    Hotel shower gel - this smelt like ginger beer which was very disconcerting

No Ins. I seem to have a million travel sized and mini shower gels, don't know where they have appeared from, time to work through them.

I'm enjoying the nail polish chat. I stained my nails with some purple varnish a few years ago and had to keep them painted for about 6 months until it had grown out. Had been having a break, but think I might do a PYNF!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Two IN this week

Sure Invisible Stick Deo 2/2
    50ml Avene Rich Compensating Cream 3/3

I will have a UU of the Deo very soon, but wanted to keep the last few applications to go in my weekend bag, we are having a weekend break next weekend and want to pack small/lightweight toiletries.

My local chemist are obvs not stocking Avene in the future and have been selling off remaining stock 1/2 price. I am still having a nasty dermatitis flare on my cheek/orbital bone, so thought it a good opportunity to try the above, sadly it stings like the blazes:eek: Not getting through my products very well as so much is really stinging and really irritating the area.

Remaining items on PP list

200ml Body Shop Coconut Shower Gel
    Clinique Grey Eyeliner Pencil **
    100 ml Beauty Pie Japanfusion Pure Transforming Cleanser**
    30ml Nip + Fab Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Shot
    Full size Lancome Hypnose Mascara
    30ml Origins Drink Up Mask
    50ml Beauty Pie Super Retinol Face Serum
    2 tablets hand soap 1 out 18/1/20**
    250ml The White Company Hand/Body Lotion**

I should be able to finish everything marked **

Hoping to PNYF today with OPI Catherine The Grape.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sstevo19
    edited 24 January 2020 at 10:00PM
    Options
    Two OUTs today:

The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Rescue Cream Mask 100ml
    Ultrasun Face Anti-Ageing SPF50+ 50ml

The Ultrasun is clogging my pores up and the mask has Dimethicone in which I didn't see at the time. So I'm offering these to friends to try.

One UU as well:

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Mains Hand Cream 50ml WDBA and will do once I've finished the EOS hand cream I have. Love this hand cream, absorbs instantly and not greasy at all.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Two IN this week

Sure Invisible Stick Deo 2/2
    50ml Avene Rich Compensating Cream 3/3

I will have a UU of the Deo very soon, but wanted to keep the last few applications to go in my weekend bag, we are having a weekend break next weekend and want to pack small/lightweight toiletries.

My local chemist are obvs not stocking Avene in the future and have been selling off remaining stock 1/2 price. I am still having a nasty dermatitis flare on my cheek/orbital bone, so thought it a good opportunity to try the above, sadly it stings like the blazes:eek: Not getting through my products very well as so much is really stinging and really irritating the area.

Remaining items on PP list

200ml Body Shop Coconut Shower Gel
    Clinique Grey Eyeliner Pencil **
    100 ml Beauty Pie Japanfusion Pure Transforming Cleanser**
    30ml Nip + Fab Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Shot
    Full size Lancome Hypnose Mascara
    30ml Origins Drink Up Mask
    50ml Beauty Pie Super Retinol Face Serum
    2 tablets hand soap 1 out 18/1/20**
    250ml The White Company Hand/Body Lotion**

I should be able to finish everything marked **

Hoping to PNYF today with OPI Catherine The Grape.

Would something like Epiderm or Diprobase sting as well?
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19
    Options
    One UU this morning:

Bioderma Atoderm Huile de Douche 200ml WNBA. I do like this, it's just a bit joyless. Nice body wash, very good for winter though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport