We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2020

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Would something like Epiderm or Diprobase sting as well?

Oh thanks Dolly, I had forgotten the obvious:o, think I still have some Diprobase stashed away somewhere, will have a look.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    ABC body lotion
    ABC body spray
    Jack Wills body spray (using as room spray)
    Amika Bombshell Blow out spray
    Lacura Moisture Boost Cream
    [STRIKE]Gym for your skin vitamin c serum[/STRIKE]

Both the ABC Body lotion and spray are UU. I couldn’t get the pump to work anymore on the spray so tipped it into a bath today. Whilst I would happily repurchase the lotion I would probably only use the,spray if it was contained in a kit.

I’m pretty confident that the last three items can be finished by the end of this month too.

Also UU Bath and Body Works handwash.

Have decanted the last of my Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic into my 30ml spritzer bottle.

The new QVC Tili box has been released. Whilst I’m not ordering the full kit I have “ordered “ the Korea Body Butter from it from a Facebook Seller. I will need a replacement for my Olympia body lotion and this will be cheaper than my usual Bath and Body Works lotion.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,857 Forumite
    Options
    Joining in with the nail polish chat, I have repainted both my fingers and toes today. On fingers, it’s my current mini that I am panning OPI Malibu Pier Pressure. Summery, but never mind. Toenails are Autumnal though with OPI My Solar Clock is Ticking.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,411 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing in or out to report but feeling positive as was collecting my Perscription and left my purse in the car so I couldn’t be tempted by any of the half price Clarins and Lancôme my chemist does.
  • radioles1408
    Options
    Still slow going, only 2 more things UU at the moment.

10. Cien Citrus Anti-dandruff shampoo
    11. Listerine Coolmint 500ml Mouthwash HG, replacement already in use.

A few things are nearly finished, including my Sleeptherapy pillow mist by Avon. I do love this, but would be up for trying something different. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Annual challenge:
    11/120
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,411 Forumite
    Options
    Three out today used up, like buses....

Creightons 150ml deep cleansing scrub. WNBA

Origins a perfect world cleanser 15ml WNBA

Origins Out of Trouble Mask 15ml. WNBA
  • FluffyDog
    Options
    Tossed

Essence lip stick. Husband said it was too purple on me. It was kind of a cross between a lipstick and a balm. Sheer, gentle on the lips. I liked it, but life is too short to stick with a lipstick that isn't right.

UU
    Vichy Aqua Sorbet body lotion, 400 ml. Nice, came as part of a Christmas gift set. BUT expensive to replace individually, so it's a WNBA unless I get a great price on a gift set.
    The former wondercollie
  • Plasticfreemama
    Options
    I don't buy a lot of things, but I try to get everything I need every couple months from eco-businesses
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    3 more UUs taking me to 14/10 - I thought I'd struggle to do 5 so I'm pretty pleased with that!

This Works mini hotel shower gel - smelt nice but WNBA

Collagen sheet mask - part of a set I got for Christmas. Lovely but I have so many I WNBA

Superdrug Glycolic pads - HG for me, although I decided to jump in on the Beauty Pie club and I've ordered some of those so we'll see how I get on with them!
  • FluffyDog
    Options
    UU:
    The Body Shop Satsuma shower gel 250 mls. Got more in the stash. Favourite scent.
    Redken coloured hair conditioner. Did the job.
    The former wondercollie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family