IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Devon Police given PCN after attending 999 call

2»

Replies

• twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    In his diaries, Lord Baden-Powell wrote: “If it were not for the depressing heat and the urgency of the work, one could sit down and laugh to tears at the absurdity of the thing,
    but under the circumstances it is a little “wearing.”

“But our motto is the old West Coast proverb: 'Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complete wth larger photo of parking charge notice - any takers on a name that PCN?

Undoubtedly, 100% Euro Car Parks.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember some yrs ago when my ex boss staff clamped the disabled parents of a local policeman

for several mths mot a sole clamper to be seen , many many many cars impounded for no (buisness) insurance .

and then the royal mail van . that took about 12 mths before they were allowed back at post office box to collect mail
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it must be explained to new people that POFA2012 was mostly written by the BPA
    The only recorded involvement the BPA had in PoFA was their gross misrepresentation of the number of court cases PPCs were then pursuing and how the introduction of keeper liability would dramatically reduce that number.

The facts of the matter were that only around 800 court cases had been pursued at that time. Now with the introduction of PoFA keeper liability that 'reduction' now sees tens of thousands of court cases being prosecuted.

This is what bargepole has said on the subject over the past few years:
    Or, to put it another way, the escalation of the scam was enabled, firstly by the lies told to Government by the BPA leading up to POFA 2012, and then by the Supreme Court failing to take the opportunity to squash the whole 'industry' in the Beavis ruling.
    This is completely different from the run up to the introduction of POFA, where the DfT relied entirely on the lies that the BPA told them. Many civil servants are still embarrassed by that, which is why the BPA and IPC are in a minority on the committee drafting the CoP, and can be outvoted by the majority of members representing consumer interests.
    The Government were hoodwinked by the BPA in the lead up to POFA 2012 becoming law. They aren't about to fall for the same trick twice.
    It is recognised, by sources in the corridors of power, that they got it wrong with Sch.4 of POFA, because they blindly followed the advice given by the BPA at the time.
    The BPA lobbying of MPs ensured that, to enable landowners to protect their land, keeper liability had to be brought in as a quid pro quo, and thus the !!!!!!!ised misconstruction of contract law that is Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 was born.
    But the BPA writing legislation? Nah!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    the BPA cant even write xmas cards , one I got was full of chinease writing
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides