Devon Police given PCN after attending 999 call

Heads up, Devon Police may be asking for help soon

"Police officers were issued with a parking ticket for a marked car while attending an emergency callout.

The parking charge notice, addressed to Devon and Cornwall Police, requires the force to pay £85 within 28 days.

It relates to a vehicle parked in a car park at midnight on 2 November.

Officers in Plymouth have gone on Twitter to express their frustration after they explained the situation to the company which said they would be required to submit a written appeal."

BBC news story

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder which idiotic parking company issued it ??

To$$ers
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The PoFA 2012 quite clearly says that emergency vehicles are not exempt. Perhaps the constabulary should take this up with the government who introduced the Act.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    The PoFA 2012 quite clearly says that emergency vehicles are not exempt. Perhaps the constabulary should take this up with the government who introduced the Act.

But The BPA COP states:

9.3 You must respect the needs of the emergency services to carry out their duties without your taking enforcement action against them. This means that you must not issue parking charge notices to:• liveried vehicles being used for operational fire, police or ambulance purposes
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitcake wrote: »

Thanks for that Fruity ...... OMG the gremlins have returned

Of course it must be explained to new people that POFA2012 was mostly written by the BPA ..... THE DINOSAUR ?

The BPA coc*ed up with this and then coc*ed up by saying in POFA2012 that amounts such as the fake £60 .... This additional charge is not recoverable under the protection of freedoms act 2012, Schedule 4

THEN, in their CoP, they go on to rubbish that as seen here
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6083229

The BPA is only fit for the rubbish bin
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it must be explained to new people that POFA2012 was mostly written by the BPA
    News to me that one.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    News to me that one.

said by bargepole a while ago
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beamerguy wrote: »
    said by bargepole a while ago

Must be right. I'll leave it to bargepole.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    also reported here:
    https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/local-news/police-given-parking-ticket-dealing-3689282

Complete wth larger photo of parking charge notice - any takers on a name that PCN?
    ENB_cXiWwAEj8Wl?format=jpg&name=small

Why have i got a funny feeling this will get put into the Polices internal bureaucratic systems and just paid off as an operational expense, were as what should happen is PC plod should come a knocking at the doors of the pakring company and charge the PPC manager/owner with obstruction and wasting police time.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRITANNIA ?

Maybe Boris should be informed considering he wants more police protecting us ..... problem is, more police will attract more tickets from scammers .... how is his budget for this ???
  • edited 30 December 2019 at 6:04PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 December 2019 at 6:04PM
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Thanks for that Fruity ...... OMG the gremlins have returned

Of course it must be explained to new people that POFA2012 was mostly written by the BPA ..... THE DINOSAUR ?

The BPA coc*ed up with this and then coc*ed up by saying in POFA2012 that amounts such as the fake £60 .... This additional charge is not recoverable under the protection of freedoms act 2012, Schedule 4

THEN, in their CoP, they go on to rubbish that as seen here
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6083229

The BPA is only fit for the rubbish bin

From Schedule 4

Application to Crown vehicles etc
    15 (1) The provisions of this Schedule apply to—

(a) vehicles in the public service of the Crown that are required to be registered under the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 (other than a vehicle exempted by sub-paragraph (2)), and

(b) any person in the public service of the Crown who is the keeper of a vehicle falling within paragraph (a).

Exempt vehicles do not include those used by the emergency services, only military vehicles including those of visiting forces.

So Mr Trump as US Commander in Chief would be exempt but fire, police, or ambulance personnel or vehicles on a shout would not.

A certain Mr Dickens once wrote, "The law is a @ss, a idiot."
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides