2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine

Options

Comments

• mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks SSDD & Dan

I have no idea what the future truly holds, but I know if I hold steady and don't do anything stupid I should be able to sustain the progress. My 2020 targets are probably the most ambitious

I believe in a law of constant pain - you either do a lot of pain in a short amount of time or a small amount of pain over the long term. I am going for Plan A (A for aaargghhhh) - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • EchoB
    EchoB Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good luck with your goals, think I should adopt some myself.
  • findingthisdifficult
    Options
    Good Luck Mark, love a shiny new diary and some great goals to aim for too.
    Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time

Credit Card £0/£3,161 0% interest PAID IN FULL 29/01/2021
    Loan £0/£23,179 5.4% PAID IN FULL 31/08/2020
    Total £0/£26,340 100%
    DEBT FREE AS OF 29/01/2021

wobbling-my-way-out-of-debt

• ohdearhowdidthathappen
    Options
    Loving the 5 year format and a really solid set of goals there. I'm a bit rubbish at looking at the long term; at 41, being mortgage free and retiring seems so far away as to be beyond control, but of course, that's not the case at all.
    Looking forward to seeing how you get on with 2020, I'm sure you'll attain anything you set your mind to :-)
    Debt - Car loan £19k. New savings goals: Emergency fund £1000/£1000, FFEF £200/£10000
  • charlotte1988
    Options
    Best of luck with the new diary, Loving the 5 year goals :)
    PAYDBX 2022 #8 £135.62 / £7500
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Love the goals, good luck with them :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • db2016
    db2016 Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    as usual when i post on diaries, i cant help or comment on it all but where a point perks me i post.

re the weight goals, i know it may be a struggle given a house of 5 etc, and also your ethical goals.

but in 2018 i was around the same start weight as you, and by the end i was your end weight.
    i have put some back on but only a couple kgs.

i used keto, the whole, no carb thing (not atkins), it switches from burning sugars (glucose from carbs) to using fat (especially stored) as a fuel, and given it cuts out the glucose cycle a lot of t2 diabetes reports / studies show that it can reverse it! it does sound counter-intuitive given you eat a high fat diet, but because this is the fuel as i mention, it doesnt stay in your system.
    and the whole fat is bad isnt correct - to put it in a MSE martin sentance - when he says not all debt is bad only bad debt is - fats arent bad, only bad fats are.

anyway just a thought, i have tried to give enough detail without selling it - theres plenty of yt videos etc. and for me, a year of doing it (well actually more like 9-10 months) and it was the kick to shift the bulk and then now im down to the management of the new me, aka eating better. i did it all diet alone due to a disability keeping me inactive.

good luck with the other goals. and ive subb'ed from the old one.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you db - well done on your loss - I will be cutting carbs - but I do have cholesterol issues, although not terrible so I am bit worried about too much fat - was thinking more plant based -salads, coleslaw eg for lunch and sticking with oats/plant milk for breakfast.
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Happy New Year.
    I am going more plant based this year too. I have lottos weight to lose and think it might help save me and the planet at the same time :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    My blood sugar levels tend to improve when I switch to porridge sweetened with grated apple and cinnamon for breakfast. I do make it with cows milk. It’s a relatively small thing but moves things in a plant based direction
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback