We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine
Comments
-
Last day at work (from home) for a week, as I'm having some time off - just in time for the deluge obviously
Plenty of indoor chores and admin to do. Let the frog bashing commenceI think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine5 -
What frogs have you got planned?Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20284 -
Thanks SH. The a la carte aujourd'hui pour les grenouilles
* Sort out DS2 pension he has a £2500 entitlement that needs to be found a home for but which be lost at the end of the month
* Get back in control of some money leakages - subscriptions, MSE sloppiness
* Take all the de-cluttering to the tip (probably 3 journeys and I have a big old estate car)
* Do all my performance review stuff for work
* Tidy up the whole house top to bottom shaking off 20 years of children growing up
* Reinvent all my outside garden spaces and implement plans
The bottom two entries may take a bit longer than the others, possibly the rest of the week, month, year, decade, centuryI think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine4 -
So I did mostly sort out DS2 pension transfer, mostly sorted out my tax for last year and sorted out my OH pension forecast although there are follow ups - and the help lines are limited so I will probably have to write. didn;t do the tip as all the above was time consumingI think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine3 -
Good luck with the tip, ours has two hour queues and from next week you actually have to book a slot! I caved and paid £40 for a council bulk waste collection as we have four mattresses that need to go.Debt free Feb 2021 🎉2
-
Hi DAL - we had that when it opened, but local FB has been very diligent about reporting queue lengths. So whilst I won't go today, it should be ok midday, midweek, especially as more people are returning to work, but not me
I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine3 -
Ours is still bad and normally has live cameras to check but they are not on for some reason. Tbh, it's always busy anyway. As I am back at work for me I would rather pay right now, but it does grate a bit!Debt free Feb 2021 🎉3
-
Oh, and I avoid local FB group things. They tend to give me rage. Too many, um, idiots on there 😂 I use FB for pictures of kittens and candles 😁😂Debt free Feb 2021 🎉3
-
ha ha yes. there is a whole load of groups for that - and precious few idiots only cute pictures of lemgthy and chonky animalsI think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine4 -
Sorry your week off coincides with the rain. But well done on sorting pension etc...
Good luck with the tip, I definitely think mid week is the time to go! I’ve luckily managed a few long lunch breaks to go!!!4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

