Next day delivery refund

Options
Hello all.

If you pay a yearly subscription to a company for next day delivery on all orders and despite 3 separate orders for items, none of them have arrived next day (always been delayed by the courier), surely the service you paid for is not being received.

Is one entitled to a refund of that one-off payment for next day delivery service?

Thanks.

Comments

• Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    dominod wrote: »
    Hello all.

If you pay a yearly subscription to a company for next day delivery on all orders and despite 3 separate orders for items, none of them have arrived next day (always been delayed by the courier), surely the service you paid for is not being received.

Is one entitled to a refund of that one-off payment for next day delivery service?

Thanks.

What do the T&C's say?
  • dominod
    Options
    Surely that's largely irrelevant?

You pay for a service, you do not get that service on multiple occasions. Doesn't the consumer rights act trump anything in anyone's terms and conditions?
  • dominod
    Options
    Have just checked their T&C's and there's no mention of the next day delivery subscription service.
  • George_Michael
    Options
    Inner_Zone wrote: »
    What do the T&C's say?
    dominod wrote: »
    Surely that's largely irrelevant?

You pay for a service, you do not get that service on multiple occasions. Doesn't the consumer rights act trump anything in anyone's terms and conditions?

No, it's very relevant.
    If the T&C's guarantee that next day delivery will occur then you have a case.
    However, if they state that the aim is next day delivery then they have a get out.

Which company is it?
  • dominod
    Options
    Pretty little thing
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    next day delivery . ie delivered the day after posting

not the day after you order
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    next day delivery . ie delivered the day after posting

not the day after you order

No, it is meant to be related to when you order. I would say you'd be entitled to a refund. I can't see any caveats in their Ts & Cs.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Who are they using?

Order by 10PM on 30th to guarantee NY eve delivery? There 'avin a larf
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you are a regular user of the service then are you not cutting off your nose to spite your face here?

How much is the yearly subscription?

How much would each order cost without the subscription?
  • dominod
    dominod Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Also can't see any caveats in their T&C's however despite me requesting a refund as I've never had next day delivery they've told me, and I quote
    I totally understand what you are saying and I do apologise for the delay. The royalty delivery service is a non-refundable service and therefore we are unable to refund the delivery charge.

-Sanaa

I do not believe this to be true and it should be refundable.

They're using Hermes who, from my experience, have always been awful. One reason why I paid for the next day delivery service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure