No Craft Spending in 2020 - I will bust my stash this year!!!

Options

Comments

• Chocolatedrinker
    Options
    Hi!
    I'd like to join and I'd like to go for 100 items. I have signed up for the https://www.sketchbookproject.com/ - the book has 32 pages so I will be counting each page as 1 item, and I have card kits, cross stitch kits, candle kits, soap kits to make up.
    I have made up 2 reed diffusers from kits this morning, they had been hanging round the house for a year, so its a start.
    Declutter 2024 in 2024 /2024 SPC = 13 £45.32 (2023) £64.89 (2022) £95.67 (2021) £305.16 (2020)Loan paid off! Credit card paid off!!! Debt paid off, debt free date 28/12/2020
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Me too! I will say 52 makes, but I didn't count last year, so probably will forget or lose count this year.

I made it a new years resolution to sort out a storage box of stuff I want to use up over the year, and then to work through and empty the box. So far, I have rehomed a plastic box from my mum, and declined an invite to a stamping event which involved me buying the stamps set. I'm going to a BYOP night instead, to start to use up the box of stash.

On the downside, I have decided to give knitting one last go. I was hunting out free patterns for my mum to knit my son, and found a beginners one that I though would be motivating enough for me to try. Not sure whether to count the wool I bought for it as adding to the stash, because I'll offload the pattern and wool onto my mum/nan/MIL if it drives me insane like my last few attempts! I'm hoping a really lovely pattern will help keep me going. It's a skill I want to master, but I might just have to accept it's not going to happen :(

My January targets are to finish off some little dungarees and a quilt I started this year- the dungarees were started in autumn, and then put aside for Christmas tasks. They just need sewing up now, and I am hoping to do this on Thursday as everyone else is back at work/nursery and I am still on holibobs. The quilt needs the batting, front and back sewing together, and then I am going to hand tie it, as it's just simple rectangles. That probably won't get done Thursday, but will hopefully be done by the end of Jan.
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • loopychriss
    Options
    I'm so glad I've found you again! I was on this group a few years ago, with very ambitious plans but needless to say I got behind and didn't post any more.

I still have a fair craft stash; I make cards, knit, sew, upcycle things, got jewellery making stash and candle making stuff.

I am going to try and make at least one thing a week this year, so my aim is 100 for the year.

Chris
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,765 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    magical wrote: »
    Please can i join. I think i did one a couple of years ago bit was to unwell to craft last year. I'm now feeling motivated again. Can you put me down for 35 please. Not a high target but due to chronic illness I don't want to put to much pressure on myself x

I'm so sorry to hear you have been poorly magical. Its great to have you on board again this year and I wish you health and happiness throughout the year. I cannot wait to see what you will make.
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Not promising to buy nothing, but just to buy replacements for stuff I've used up.

I'll go for 52 makes. One a week. It fits in with my doctor encouraging me to make sure I have quality me time, and encouraging the stress relieving-ness of crafting.

Me either kathrynha :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I always fall of the wagon but at least we wont feel guilty when it happens :p:p:p

Crafting is such a fabulous me time activity. It really destresses me (apart from today when I could not find my scissors anywhere for at least 3 hours!) :D:D:D

Great to have you on board and I cannot wait to see your makes x
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Wraithlady wrote: »
    I'll join as well, if I may - I still have far too much fabric.

I will set my target as 25 - OH has been promised a waistcoat or two for his birthday so 2 a month should be do-able.

of course you can and welcome. Its great to see you still stash busting away and the waistcoats sound fab. You have one lucky OH :)

Cannot wait to hear all about your creations - welcome aboard x
  • craftingmad
    Options
    dallam20 wrote: »
    I'd love to join in. Need to use my mountain of craft stash and not add to it!!
    My aim for 2020 is to make 150 items from existing stash so that's around 3 a week. I always make about 80 Christmas cards so the other 70 items are realistic.
    I will allow myself to buy consumables such as card blanks, white card, glues when I need them.

I don't want to waste money this year as I have lots of lovely supplies already.

Oh you sound so like me dallam20- its great to have you onboard.
    I could make 100 things a day for the rest of my life (I like to think at 45 I've still got several years ahead of me!) and I don't think it would make a big dent in my stash!

I cannot wait to see all your wonderful makes - welcome aboard x
  • craftingmad
    Options
    borollan wrote: »
    Please may I join in
    My wool stash is now overflowing into the wardrobe, despite having extra shelving/storage bought a couple of months ago
    two of everything in water colours
    a camera lens untried

Put me down for
    a knitted poncho, a cardigan, a baby blanket, a jumper and one other (5)
    a Water Colour Journal made and used
    a crochet project (chair cover)
    my deviant art updated monthly with new stock photos (12)
    I have a lace sewing project to finish also
    thats 20 projects

I love the sound of those projects borollan and welcome aboard.

If its any consolation my wool stash is also overflowing (I added to it only 2 days ago as someone on a local facebook page was giving away a big bag of wool and crochet hooks etc so obviously I had to rescue them and give them a loving home :D:D.

The only drawback is I cannot knit or crochet and the extent of my wool use is the occasional pom pom so I will have to see what I can do to change that situation or find a great wool stash busting craft which does not involve any skill :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Hi!
    I'd like to join and I'd like to go for 100 items. I have signed up for the https://www.sketchbookproject.com/ - the book has 32 pages so I will be counting each page as 1 item, and I have card kits, cross stitch kits, candle kits, soap kits to make up.
    I have made up 2 reed diffusers from kits this morning, they had been hanging round the house for a year, so its a start.

Hi chocolatedrinker (love the user name) and welcome.

Well done on creating two items already. You are my star pupil for the day :T:T:T.

Cannot wait to hear all about your other projects. The sketchbook challenge sounds fabulous x
  • craftingmad
    Options
    emsi_b wrote: »
    Me too! I will say 52 makes, but I didn't count last year, so probably will forget or lose count this year.

I made it a new years resolution to sort out a storage box of stuff I want to use up over the year, and then to work through and empty the box. So far, I have rehomed a plastic box from my mum, and declined an invite to a stamping event which involved me buying the stamps set. I'm going to a BYOP night instead, to start to use up the box of stash.

On the downside, I have decided to give knitting one last go. I was hunting out free patterns for my mum to knit my son, and found a beginners one that I though would be motivating enough for me to try. Not sure whether to count the wool I bought for it as adding to the stash, because I'll offload the pattern and wool onto my mum/nan/MIL if it drives me insane like my last few attempts! I'm hoping a really lovely pattern will help keep me going. It's a skill I want to master, but I might just have to accept it's not going to happen :(

My January targets are to finish off some little dungarees and a quilt I started this year- the dungarees were started in autumn, and then put aside for Christmas tasks. They just need sewing up now, and I am hoping to do this on Thursday as everyone else is back at work/nursery and I am still on holibobs. The quilt needs the batting, front and back sewing together, and then I am going to hand tie it, as it's just simple rectangles. That probably won't get done Thursday, but will hopefully be done by the end of Jan.

Welcome emsi_b. Its great to have you onboard. You can be forgiven for the wool whatever you decide (just before I started the challenge I ran lose on the create and craft website even though I have enough stash to last me a lifetime!) ;);)

Your list sounds fantastic and very stash busting so I'm super impressed and motivated and cannot wait to hear all about your crafting adventures x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback