Forum Home » Special Occasions & Other Celebrations » Crafting

Handheld Tablets for Drawing Recommendations?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Handheld Tablets for Drawing Recommendations?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Crafting
1 reply 829 views
MirrenMirren Forumite
21 posts
First Anniversary
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Crafting
As much as I would LOVE an iPad Pro as everyone is raving about it and Procreate looks brilliant as I work with photoshop but I’m afraid my budget can’t stretch that far

I am looking to see if a tablet exists that I am able to do drawings on - looking for one which can use a thin stylus for detail.

Does such a tablet exist that doesn’t need connected to a computer or a 1k price tag?

Replies

• edited 1 April at 5:08AM
    gaolougaolou Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 1 April at 5:08AM
    for your budget , An older surface pro or an ipad are solid and affordable options compared to the really high end stuff. 
    however, that you can get a  drawing monitor like the XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro : www.xp-pen.com/product/65.html  which have pen input for around 300-400 USD. it have pen tilt,  so if you need pen tilt/pressure for digital painting, then XP-Pen Artist Pro series is still your affordable choice. the only issue is that it need to connected to the laptop .