How to run my ASHP most efficiently?

2»

Comments

• dllive
    dllive Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    lovesgshp wrote: »
    With your DHW tank, what size is it and drop the temp to 48C. Check the times/days for the legionella heat cycle, as this could be kicking in the electric heater.

The tank is 290 litres.

The Legionella setting is disabled.

Ive been fiddling about but cannot see how to change the water temperature to 48 degrees!
  • lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have just found a Ecodan manual on the net. Page 44 shows how to change dhw on the controller. The factory default is 50c, but they recommend 55c.
    With your low usage, then you really should have the legionella setting activated..
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • dllive
    lovesgshp wrote: »
    Have just found a Ecodan manual on the net. Page 44 shows how to change dhw on the controller. The factory default is 50c, but they recommend 55c.
    With your low usage, then you really should have the legionella setting activated..

Thanks - I shall change the Legionella setting.

Sorry, can you link to the manual? All I can find is the "Homeowner Quick Start Guide" and a couple of video clips.
  • lovesgshp
    If you type in " mitsubishi ecodan ashp manual " in google, then about a quarter of the page down, you will see a pdf from mitsi which you can download. It is 68 pages long, but covers everything as far as i could see.

Happy New Year.
  • dllive
    Ah great - thanks, I can see it now. :)

I think my sytem is using Heating ECO Mode (becuase its using the curve). If Im reading this correctly (which Im probably not) I can only change the temperature if I take it out of Heating ECO Mode.
  • lovesgshp
    Glad you found it.

I only had a quick at what it said. I only have simulators for IVT models, where you do setting changes on the computer to see the effects they make.
    You may be able to make the changes out of ECO, then switch it back to see what happens.
  • dllive
    Haha. Im quickly getting out of my comfort zone!! :) Perhaps Id be better to leave it alone.

Noone on this thread has said theres anything specifically wrong with the setup (based on the photos Ive uplaoded) so maybe I should let sleeping dogs lie. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure