IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro parking Parking for Patrons whilst on premises only

Options
Hi, I'm hoping that someone can give me a little advice. I've looked at a few threads but cant seem to find the exact answer I'm after lol.
What's happened is on 18 nov 2019 I visited a charity shop and parked on their car park, I had my disabled mother with me and was in the store approx 10 to 15mins max, I didn't purchase anything, I left the store got in my car and left the carpark. On 6th Dec I received a parking charge notice through the post from Euro Parking with the reason "Parking for Patrons whilst on the premises only". With the address of the charity shop I visited. I dont know why theyve issued this to me because I was inside the only building (Charity Shop) that is situated on the car park in question. I didn't leave that carpark on foot to visit anywhere else. Upon receipt of this PCN I went on their website to launch an appeal. In my appeal I stated that I was refusing to pay and that they didn't have any evidence to prove I left that carpark on foot and shopped elsewhere because i didn't. On the 7th dec I went back to the charity shop and spoke to the staff there and they told me it was nothing to do with them and that they couldn't do anything about it and that it was down to the landlord and they suggested I spoke to the parking attendant who was sitting in his car on this carpark. I spoke to the parking attendant and explained the situation and he just told me to appeal it and that they'll probably cancel it 😂 anyway a couple days later I received a response saying my appeal had been rejected and they thought the PCN had been rightly issued. In the response they said I could submit an appeal to IAS which I did on 11th Dec. Upto now I'm still awaiting for the parking operator to upload sufficient evidence. On my appeal account its saying theyve have 3 days left to do this. Can anyone tell me what happens if they dont submit anything, sorry to to have rambled on just tried to cover everything lol, I've never done anything like this before. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Go back to the charity shop and ask them for the name and address of the landlord. Failing that try the local council and ask who pays the non-domestic business rates.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Leaving site is very likely to be an unfair term in a consumer contract, read this,

https://www.geldards.com/the-consumer-rights-act-2015---unfair-terms.aspx

It may also breach one's human rights.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP as it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/FONT][/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,086 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is a scam, the parking firm are full of tricks to try to frighten people into paying their made up charges, they work on a no fee to the landowner basis, and very often give them a back hander for any successful charges collected.

The leaving site scam is one of their add ons to maximise their income, they rarely take these to court, they just hope people fold.

As they won't have any evidence where do you think this will go?

Your appeals to the PPC and the IAS were bound to fail they are all in on the despicable scam.

At the end of this you will be inundated with scrap paper from the next set of scammers, debt collectors which can be safely ignored.

In the event of any court papers arriving come back here.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Dont apeal to the IAS. You will lose

Write to the parking firm, state you never left the site and you require them to either
    1) Cancel the charge or
    2) Issue a compliance Letter befotre claim

They have 14 days to do so, otherwise you will consider the matter closed.
    State that you will, should htey choose option 2, require the attendance of their witness in court to be cross examined.
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    All of the above, plus:
    Keep ALL paperwork for the next 6 years.
  • saydie666
    Options
    Thanks for your response I'll get a letter typed up and get it sent out to them via recorded delivery so that I've got proof of sending it.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't use any form of signed for service as, if the recipient refuses to accept delivery, they have proof of non-delivery, not what you wanted. Just post from a post office counter and obtain FREE certificate of posting.
  • saydie666
    Options
    Ok thankyou
  • saydie666
    Options
    Just a heads up. I couldn't send a letter because I'd already started the appeal process. The parking attendant has submitted their prima facie along with pictures of my car parked in a bay. Obviously theres no pictures of me walking off the carpark because I didn't. I've responded to this asking him to provide photographic evidence showing me leaving the car park on foot. The parking attendant can either reply with a response or submit it to the adjudicator. I cant do anything on this appeal until hes responded. Can anyone advise me what I should do next once the attendant has replied. Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Keep replying, seeing as you started the IAS process. Deny leaving the site.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure