flight agent told us flight was cancelled and cost to change but was never really cancelled

Options
2»

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wigan_nic wrote: »
    You work for or represent travelhouse?

Im taking it up with them.

That’s unnecessary wigan-nc.

EveryWhere was trying to clarify your posts, as indeed did I earlier, and then tried to unravel the story and look at options.

I wonder if you dug yourself a hole at the agency, perhaps kicking off at them regarding the flight rescheduling and stating the longer layover or change in departure time would not work - they then took this as you not accepting the Qatar options and cancelling and requesting a refund. After that you realised your predicament and the new Emirates flights offered and now you are upset and looking to lash out as the costs are higher.

I suspect poor initial communication your end and lack of thought through decision making might be more the issue. Your OP was confusing, almost misleading, so no surprise perhaps that TravelHouse acted the way they did.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    You work for or represent travelhouse?

Im taking it up with them.

Have no knowledge of them at all. Have only put together the information you have given here, together with the airline's timetable, in order to try to ascertain what happened in your case.

Mine are jut educated guesses.
  • wigan_nic
    Options
    UPDATE. I'd sent an email to them requesting explanation of what went on and had no response. This was 2 weeks ago.

I left a negative review on Facebook and no response. Yesterday sat in a restaurant i started posting negative comments on their public posts (about 7 or 8) and they finally responded requesting details. This i did and in brief their reply was after investigation they were refunding the additional 877 but less a flight change fee of 80 which is to me a satisfactory solution.

In the words of the monty python sketch if you want to get anything done you have to complain until you are blue in the face.

All responses appreciated. Thank you.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for updating the thread with the conclusion.
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

In the words of the monty python sketch if you want to get anything done you have to complain until you are blue in the face.

So why did you not book this trip your self :cool:

Just shows that if you go through a TA to do this simple thing all hell can break loose when they get it wrong.:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure