IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Nwcp PCN Final Notice of Litigation

Options
aidanlew1993
aidanlew1993 Posts: 7 Forumite
edited 3 December 2019 at 4:01PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I recently parking on a NWCP car park. When I arrived I noticed I could pay via mobile with Parkonomy, to which I have.

I then receive a PCN for unauthorised parking and when I have checked my Parkonomy account have seen that I have entered my VRN incorrectly (I added an extra digit by accident).

I have then appealed through NWCP, who in turn stated that the case could be settled for a £10 administration fee, which I felt was unfair as I had not parked in an unauthorised manner as I had already paid fully for parking. I was told by NWPC that they would continue to pursue the PNC full amount.

I am now at the stage where NWCP have passed the debt on to Capital Collect who have today sent me a Final Notice of Intended Litigation. I am happy to continue to keep fighting the charge, however am wondering what the process is with being issued a CCJ. I am currently in the process of buying a house and do not wish for this to have any effect on my credit score.

Will a CCJ be automatically given to me and effect my credit score before I am able to fight this in court? What is the best course of action at this moment in time for me to do? Just wait for them to take me to court?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    CCJs are issued when you have been to court, lost and failed to pay in the timescale set by the judge - a long way away yet. However if you follow the procedure in the NEWBIE sticky, it might not even get to court. If/when you receive a PROPER letter before claim and then formal court papers, read the post # 2 of the sticky and follow the process there and you will be best placed to avoid a loss.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 December 2019 at 3:48PM
    Options
    Whether you get a CCJ or not is entirely within your control. You cannot just be given one. There is a whole process the scammers have to go through before that happens, and you can stop it happening.

Since you have not got a CCJ, please remove those letters from your title using the edit, advanced edit function as it is confusing.

I'm assuming you blabbed about who was driving in your initial appeal like you have done in your post. That's not a good idea but cannot now be altered.

Have you read what the sticky thread for NEWBIES tells you to do if an initial appeal has been rejected?

What did the landowner say when you complained?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am now at the stage where NWCP have passed the debt on to Capital Collect who have today sent me a Final Notice of Intended Litigation.
    Yeah but no...it's NOT a real one. It's debt collector hot air threatograms.
    I am happy to continue to keep fighting the charge, however am wondering what the process is with being issued a CCJ. I am currently in the process of buying a house and do not wish for this to have any effect on my credit score.
    Nor does anyone, and we don't put posters at risk of one.

What you MUST MUST do, is tell the PPC in writing /by email (to the contact shown on their data /privacy statement page) your new address and that is the only thing you need to do.
    Will a CCJ be automatically given to me and effect my credit score before I am able to fight this in court?
    Heck no, that would be ludicrous! Even if you lose in court, just pay. No CCJ at all.
    What is the best course of action at this moment in time for me to do? Just wait for them to take me to court?
    Yep apart from telling their Data Protection Officer your new address, and of course updating BOTH your driving licence and (separately) your car reg address - 2 different things at the DVLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • aidanlew1993
    Options
    Okay so I should wait until a LBC is sent to me? I take it the debt collector letters a PNC issued to me are just bully tactics? Is there a realstic chance that the debtor may win this charge against me if it did go to court?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    See above. A debt collector cannot start a court claim!

There is an approx 1% chance of losing a defended claim on this forum, and ZERO CHANCE of a CCJ even if you did lose, as long as you paid if the Judge said so.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Okay so I should wait until a LBC is sent to me? I take it the debt collector letters a PNC issued to me are just bully tactics? Is there a realstic chance that the debtor may win this charge against me if it did go to court?

Your first two questions are already answered in the NEWBIES.

As for the third, we don't have a crystal ball on this forum..

Properly defended following the advice on here, you have a good chance of winning.

Undefended or poorly defended, the scammers will win.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you done as you have been told,and updated your address?
    YoU MUST do this, each and every time you move, for 6 years.
  • aidanlew1993
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Whether you get a CCJ or not is entirely within your control. You cannot just be given one. There is a whole process the scammers have to go through before that happens, and you can stop it happening.

Since you have not got a CCJ, please remove those letters from your title using the edit, advanced edit function as it is confusing.

I'm assuming you blabbed about who was driving in your initial appeal like you have done in your post. That's not a good idea but cannot now be altered.

Have you read what the sticky thread for NEWBIES tells you to do if an initial appeal has been rejected?

What did the landowner say when you complained?

I am not sure what you mean by this?
  • aidanlew1993
    Options
    I have not yet purchased a new house, I am just in the process of buying a new home, nothing finialised yet but when I do move I will be sure to update all relevant information as people have suggested. It is my first time fighting anything like this and have read the Newbies post, which was been informative however due to being new to this it was in parts confusing.Thank you all for your help, I will update the name of the thread to avoid confusion.
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean by this?

Did you reveal the driver's identity when you appealed? This is not a good idea because the keeper has protections in law that the driver does not. They are two different people. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business