Forum Home» Praise, Vent & Warnings

Being sworn at by sky - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Being sworn at by sky

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
26 replies 3K views

Replies

• elsienelsien Forumite
    24.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tregz11 wrote: »
    yes i have googled the phone number. im angry that someone can cold call me and leave me that message. what if my son answered that?

Presumably if your son had answered they wouldn't have needed to leave the answerphone message, sweary or not.
    What did they say? A "bloody hell" when they realise you're not in although not great is a very different scenario to "Tregz11 you are a @@@@ @@@@@@"
    Your "it certainly sounded like it" implies it may not have been entirely clear.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • edited 22 November 2019 at 1:43PM
    PollycatPollycat Forumite
    30.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 November 2019 at 1:43PM
    yes i have googled the phone number. im angry that someone can cold call me and leave me that message. what if my son answered that?
    But he didn't.

If you are 100% sure that the caller was swearing at you - and you feel like making a fuss - contact SKY and complain.
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved to Praise, Vent and Warnings.
    ex Board Guide

• Stop being such a pansy snowflake!! LOL

Literally don't get how some people who are such wussy wimps manage to cope in the real world.
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get a complaint in, get your compo cheque and put someone out of a job just before xmas.

That should make you proud
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the message, you havent said what you thought you heard
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • ChrisK....._3ChrisK....._3 Forumite
    920 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you have no intensions of leaving which puts you in a very poor negotiating position. When I left Virgin Media, the LAST THING I wanted was a call from retentions, and no suprise I got one, he was very rude when I wouldn't stay and put the phone down on me, and ultimately took several calls from me to customer services to end my service/bills.
    Im absolutely livid that today i missed a phone call from sky customer retention service. .......
    If I ruled the world.......
  • Paully28Paully28 Forumite
    250 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    cooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmppppppppppeeeeeeeeennnnnnsaaaaashion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    i was absolutely disgusted to hear the chap on the end of the phone swearing at me? It certainly sounded like it.
    So you're not even sure what was said?

What are you going to do? Complain that someone MAY have sworn at you?
  • photomephotome Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on tell us what was said. Then it can be determined how much compo you can get