Being sworn at by sky

Im absolutely livid that today i missed a phone call from sky customer retention service. My phone went to answer phone. When i checked the voicemail some time later i was absolutely disgusted to hear the chap on the end of the phone swearing at me? It certainly sounded like it. Before i lose my temper with this....what would you guys do??

Comments

• Ignore and move on would be my advice, or you could go the true mse way and demand £10000000 compo for mis-selling or would that be missed-swearing?
    As they say "have a nice day".
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Get on with your life.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Was it definitely at you?

If it's like the company I used to work for they'll sack him if you complain.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • Grow a set, or take them out of your wifes purse..
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Tregz11 wrote: »
    Im absolutely livid that today i missed a phone call from sky customer retention service. My phone went to answer phone. When i checked the voicemail some time later i was absolutely disgusted to hear the chap on the end of the phone swearing at me? It certainly sounded like it. Before i lose my temper with this....what would you guys do??
    I'd wait for them to call again (they will).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Are you sure it was a genuine Sky phone call? Plenty of scammers out there pretending to be all sorts of things.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • yes i have googled the phone number. im angry that someone can cold call me and leave me that message. what if my son answered that?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    yes i have googled the phone number. im angry that someone can cold call me and leave me that message. what if my son answered that?
    If you feel that strongly, then report it - but seal the deal first.

Many teleservices employ kids and it's a harsh life lesson they have to learn early. I can't imagine an adult with responsibilities would leave a profane message on your phone.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • miriamac
    miriamac Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    yes i have googled the phone number. im angry that someone can cold call me and leave me that message. what if my son answered that?

Scammers can make it look like they're calling from any number they want.

Until we got a call screener we used to be plagued by calls which seemed to be from local numbers, but were actually from cold callers and scammers from all sorts of places.

Then there's this one, supposedly from HMRC (scroll down to the bit on 'Bogus Phone Calls') https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/phishing-and-bogus-emails-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples/phishing-emails-and-bogus-contact-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples

I have heard that some government offices have been getting calls from people who've been on the receiving end of one of those scam calls, and have then re-dialled the number they see coming up on their phones. That shows that the scammers are able to make it look as if they are calling from a government office.

It may well have been the case that a SKY employee swore at you - but it may well have been a scam call too!
    What would Buzz do?

I used to be Snow White - but I drifted.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I. When i checked the voicemail some time later i was absolutely disgusted to hear the chap on the end of the phone swearing at me? It certainly sounded like it. ?

What were his exact words?
    a little more details please as eg

There is a big difference between some one eg
    "pick up the f'ing phone" said under his breath and not realising you have gone to voicemail.
    and
    "MRS tregz you f'ing stupid fat slutty beatch" said in an aggressive manner.
    I have no idea if you are MRS, just my example if I have misgendered you.

While neither is great, one is more of mistake and the other is more nasty and I think the action for both would be different.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure