Now TV repeat success

When the Now TV price hike was highlighted back in the summer, we went online to cancel, and managed to get 3 months for £3.20 a month for Sept, Oct & Nov.

Sensibly, I put it on the calendar to have another go before the full £8.99 hits in December.

I'm delighted to let you all know that we've now got a further 3 months at a stonking £1.60 a month!!!!!

(And yes, it's on the calendar to have another go at the end of Feb!!)

If you're having a go yourselves, make sure you select "I can't afford it at the moment" as your reason. It'll then remind you that you have access to over 300 box sets. Still click on cancel, and it's at this point that they make you an interesting offer!!!

Comments

• OP, for info, in my experience, doesn't really matter what reason you put in, but be prepared to cancel eventually, then wait for them to get back in touch.

They have got Black Friday deals on at the moment. I just signed up to 4 months movies, which works out at an average of £4.11 a month instead of £12 a month - signed up to the discounted BF one month movies, at £8.99, then immediately cancelled so I'd just have the 1 month, then got offered a further 3 months at £2.49 a month. I've also extended my sports pass so I'm paying £20 a month until March - had a 10 month pass from February which was due to expire in December, went to cancel it and they offered me 3 months at £20 a month instead of the £33.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,869
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hmm, nothing quite matches the £8.25 a month deal I've had for the last two years which was movies and entertainment 12mths for £99, today they're only offering me Sports for £20 a month for six months.

Don't suppose I can complain really, I've had two years out of the previous deal which was a steal in the first place so...
  • We also had the 12 months entertainment & cinema pass for £99 deal for the last two years.
    The cinema pass has finished so I've cancelled that and the entertainment pass runs to mid December so I've cancelled that so we'll lose Now TV then.

I'm currently debating what to do so whether to renew with Now TV or whether to switch to Sky, BT etc

Is Now TV still the best option even at full price ? Or are there better options out there ?
    Does the Now TV box retain any functions when you've not got any live passes ? eg iplayer ?
    Jen
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,869
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Realistically with options like £99 for 12 months that they've handed out for the last three years (and I note has become available again) and various vouchers and deals and options throughout the year, it's almost impossible to pay full price! Anybody who still is clearly isn't looking hard enough.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,146
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 1 December 2019 at 3:49PM
    Does the Now TV box retain any functions when you've not got any live passes ? eg iplayer ?

Yes, it can still play iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5, UKTV Player, Youtube etc. In fact, everything except the Now TV button.

Personally, I wouldn't pay full price for Now TV, as I wouldn't get the usage from it. I've just come off last year's Black Friday £99 offer and have some free passes to use before considering what to do next.

I had a problem with the Cinema voucher, and when I messaged Now TV CS to sort it out, they upgraded it from 1 month to take me through to the end of Feb. Which was nice. :)
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I just got the £1.60/m for 3 months deal, thanks for making me think of this!
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Now TV are currently offering 12 months films & entertainment package for £115.

You can't use this offer if you have an active package

Jen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family