IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - CCJ for £3k+

Options

Comments

• henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Surely it is not unreasonable to expect judges to know the applicable Law. 

If judges knew all the law it would just be a case of evidence. Skeleton and oral arguments would be redundant.

It would also be a miracle for 1 person to know all the law in a general court.

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Do not judges have access to books, libraries, the internet, other judges?  We expect the highest standards from judges, it would appear that OP has received less. 

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    D_P_Dance said:
    If I was in your position I would have a QC on the case by now. t
    Perhaps you can afford to self-fund a QC ... not many people could - remember that only very limited legal costs can be reclaimed in small claims.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Many people are skint because they failed to make the best of the hand they were dealt.  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • rennes99
    rennes99 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    Quick "procedure" question... I had my successful Set Aside hearing on Monday (16th.) At this, I was told speicifcally by the Judge I had 14 days to file my defence from that date, by 4pm 30th March.

I have yet to receive anything from the court since Monday, and I have also still never seen a Claim Form, or any detailed Particulars of Claim?? I have a copy of the original Judgement in Default (now set aside), and also a very brief outline of the supposed Debt amount and why it went to court from the CCBC, but nothing else. I have all the info from the PPC SAR for each of the issued charges, but that's it.

Surely they need to serve me with a fully detailed claim again at my correct address, so I can respond to it, and then start the clock to submit a defence??
  • rennes99
    Options
    I should add, my 6 Point Draft order included number 3 - "Unless the claimant serves the claim form by etc etc and 4. If the Claimant serves the Claim form as directed the defendant shall have until..... to file a defence..

So it looks like this has just been completely ignored??!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You were there. Was your Draft Order ignored?

If so, why did you allow that to happen?
  • rennes99
    Options
    To be honest I was entirely bewildered with how it went, after it very nearly being refused, and after only reluctantly been granted costs by a clearly biased judge, that it didn't occur to me! So there's clearly been a mistake here then?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    If you have the results of the SAR, did that contain the original PCN?  Were there not letters from the PPC and the legal types?
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    Options
    Call the court and ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts