Sky Broadband Switchover Complaints

Options
I was due to switch over to Post Office Broadband on 20th Nov from Sky. However looks like both have messed up each blaming the other and now i'm left on higher prorated tariff with Sky until the switchover takes places.

Basically Post Office broadband are claiming Sky are having technical issues porting the my landline number and Sky are blaming Post Office that when they submitted the switch request they failed to request the number should be ported as well.

both are as bad as each but the Post Office customer service was appalling and so now i'm beginning to reconsider whether to cancel or not.

Sky offered me a retention deal over the phone and now they are unwilling to honour it. It seems like every retention guy I speak is trying it on with the most pathetic deal. All they are offering is what I can get myself via top cashback.

I want to submit a complaint to Sky for 1 unwilling to honour a deal offered over the phone as well as the cockup they've done with the switch but I'm unable to find an email address. Any one know of a sky complaints email address.

Much appreciated.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    adam78 wrote: »
    I was due to switch over to Post Office Broadband on 20th Nov from Sky. However looks like both have messed up each blaming the other and now i'm left on higher prorated tariff with Sky until the switchover takes places.

Basically Post Office broadband are claiming Sky are having technical issues porting the my landline number and Sky are blaming Post Office that when they submitted the switch request they failed to request the number should be ported as well.

both are as bad as each but the Post Office customer service was appalling and so now i'm beginning to reconsider whether to cancel or not.

Sky offered me a retention deal over the phone and now they are unwilling to honour it. It seems like every retention guy I speak is trying it on with the most pathetic deal. All they are offering is what I can get myself via top cashback.

I want to submit a complaint to Sky for 1 unwilling to honour a deal offered over the phone as well as the cockup they've done with the switch but I'm unable to find an email address. Any one know of a sky complaints email address.

Much appreciated.

Either send a letter to:

Customer Complaints
    Sky Subscribers Services Ltd
    PO Box 43
    Livingston
    West Lothian
    EH54 7DD

or an email to either:

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

estenquiries@bskyb.com

That said retention deals are one off and they're not required to honour it after the fact. The switch over kerfuffle could be due to either side.
  • adam78
    adam78 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That said retention deals are one off and they're not required to honour it after the fact.

When I spoke to him he said I could think over it and get back any time. There was no mention during the call that I had to take the offer there and then.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That said retention deals are one off and they're not required to honour it after the fact.
    When I spoke to him he said I could think over it and get back any time. There was no mention during the call that I had to take the offer there and then.

So did you think you would be able to go back in 1 or 2 years time and the offer would still be there?
  • adam78
    Options
    So did you think you would be able to go back in 1 or 2 years time and the offer would still be there?

I have an email from sky which confirms the offer in writing and it is still valid i.e. in date.
  • adam78
    Options
    with regards to the switch, sky are claiming the third party in this case Post Office have cancelled the order. Post Office are denying this. If that's the case arn't Sky obliged to notify me considering they orginally sent me a dozen letters confirming the switch over date.

Now they are simply charging me the higher tariff without any notice.
  • adam78
    Options
    sound more like they are playing a racket to milk as much out of me as they can.
  • adam78
    Options
    what i need is proof...a screen shot of the system saying order was cancelled by third party so that i can challenge post office.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The gaining provider PO handles everything .
    They have notified Sky of your cancellation .

PO might care to look on the forums re service good or bad .Resold talk talk bb .
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2019 at 2:01PM
    Options
    Number porting seems to be an issue with full LLU providers ( Sky and PO , which uses TT LLU network are both LLU ) , so your issue isn’t clear cut, if the number is unimportant, then why ask for it to be ported , if it is important and PO become aware that Sky will not be porting the number , what would you have preferred, PO service with a new number, or a delay while investigating the porting issue ?
    As already stated , migration is gaining provider led, so in your case, the PO are the instigator, but , Sky can also stop a migration ( for example, if you were slammed , whereby a unscrupulous company , against your will , or without your knowledge , tried to move you from your current provider to them, then , when you get the ‘sorry to see you leave’ communication, it includes an option , ‘if you didn’t want to leave or you are unaware of this , call us to stop the transfer ‘) , so you can see it is also possible that Sky could stop a migration, the truth is , both will blame each other, and you will never know who is truly responsible.

As far as the other point , if Sky made an offer to retain your service ( and you have proof of this ) you could try contacting their high level complaints or email the CEO, but , if the Sky rep overstepped the mark and offered something they shouldn’t have, I doubt legally Sky have to honour it, otherwise disgruntlement staff about to leave a company , as a parting gift , could offer anything , knowing the company would financially suffer because of it, , they may honour a reps unadvised offer , but only as a gesture of goodwill, if were not a current company authorised retention deal
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have an email from sky which confirms the offer in writing and it is still valid i.e. in date.

So was the offer via phone call (as you originally claim) or via email, in my experience of Sky they don't send email confirmation of offers over the phone. If it is confirmed in the email and still within date why won't they offer it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure