New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Vodafone Fibre price hike..

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
3 replies 758 views
C_MababejiveC_Mababejive Forumite
11.4K posts
Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I notice that Vodafone are planning to hike the prices of their fibre product. As you might expect, the same product is still to be made available to new customers only.

I signed up with VOD fibre about 6 months back and believe me, the product has issues. My upto 11mb ADSL line felt faster. I think they have network capacity issues. Maybe they should fix those before asking people to pay more.
Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..

Replies

• couriervanmancouriervanman Forumite
    1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Can you leave free of charge
  • boo_starboo_star Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you leave free of charge

Yes, and I did.

They actually offered me a new contract at £20.70 a month, £2.30 less than their new customer price but I declined. If they valued me that much they wouldn't have put the price up to begin with, only 4 months or so after signing a new contract with them.
  • onomatopoeia99onomatopoeia99 Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I signed up with VOD fibre about 6 months back and believe me, the product has issues. My upto 11mb ADSL line felt faster. I think they have network capacity issues. Maybe they should fix those before asking people to pay more.
    There's a reason why things are cheap, and that reason could well be that they don't provision sufficient network capacity per user, in order to keep the cost down.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek. Home is where my books are.

5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.