IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ticket appeal rejected from UKCPS and IAS

Options
Hi everyone,

I really need help. For some reason I got a ticket claiming I didn’t have a permit for the parking space I am in. Even though it is my car parking space for my address and I have had a permit displayed the whole time. I put it in the rear windscreen instead of on the dashboard as it kept slipping around, the ticket officer from ukcps obviously didn’t see it in its usual place and fined me £60 and then £100 if I didn’t pay it in the first 2 weeks. I appealed it as I thought it was a mistake and sent loads of photos of where it was and that it was clearly seen. For some reason it was rejected so I then took it further with the IAS with the same explanation and they also rejected it? It has given me a final option to appeal. I’m really confused and I have no idea what to do. Any help would be amazing.

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,403 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You've appealed and it was rejected, reading the NEWBIE sticky will tell you that appealing to IPC (IAS) is pointless and not recommended, you must just wait patiently for letter of/before claim and/or court papers. This should be thrown out in court. Why do you pander to their whims by displaying a permit. What does your lease/AST say about parking?
  • Klt
    Klt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I noticed but I had already appealed before I saw the sticky. I am heavily focussed on the permit as you require one to park in the parking spaces and is stated on the sign, I have always had one but they are claiming I didn’t have one at the time. This is why I appealed as I thought they had made a mistake and it would be quickly overturned.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,403 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Klt wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed but I had already appealed before I saw the sticky. I am heavily focussed on the permit as you require one to park in the parking spaces and is stated on the sign, I have always had one but they are claiming I didn’t have one at the time. This is why I appealed as I thought they had made a mistake and it would be quickly overturned.
    Signs don't mean anything, I could pop round and put up a sign saying you have to post money to me before you can park but I doubt you'd do it. What is important are the circumstances surrounding your lease/AST or possession of the property. Does your lease mention parking? Does it mention permits? More importantly what doesn't it say about parking - it might be silent on the matter.
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    And were they there before you took up residence?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    the ticket officer from ukcps
    There's no such person, please don't give that company that level of 'officer' respect.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Klt
    Options
    We just have a letter saying we have to put the permit on display when parking in our parking spaces. I’m just stressed they’re going to take me to court for something that I haven’t done wrong
  • Klt
    Options
    UKCPS have monitored the car park before I moved here yes, I’ve displayed my permit since the day I moved in and never been ticketed till now
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We just have a letter saying we have to put the permit on display when parking in our parking spaces. I’m just stressed they’re going to take me to court for something that I haven’t done wrong
    Who is the letter from, the parking firm or the MA?

Does it state that this is a contractual obligation?

Does it state that there will be £100 fine for failure?

Does it state that the signs form part of the 'permit contract' you are accepting?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,086 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We just have a letter saying we have to put the permit on display when parking in our parking spaces.

Which you did why are you getting stressed out?

PPC's are scammers they are fuelled by greed, they make up things as they go along to get money out of you, they lie, they make signage ambiguous, they alter evidence, etc etc.

The muppet that gave you their silly fake PCN will have seen your car dozens of times, he knows you are entitled to park there but his eyes will have glowed when he saw the pass was not in the windscreen area.
    This means he can do his worst as instructed by his paymasters that will have given him targets to meet.
    In addition to the above, do any of the signs or the letter actually state the pass has to be in the windscreen or just displayed?
  • Klt
    Options
    I would send you pictures of what they used as evidence but I don’t know how so il just describe. So they conveniently took kids of pictures of the front and sides of my car and only 2 of the back from 10 meters away so they conveniently can’t see the permit in the rear windscreen. As a response to my response, they just said I didn’t have a permit and added a picture of the sign and a Map of the car park as the evidence (which I don’t see how that is even evidence).

As for the sign itself it says:
    ‘Parking is permitted for permit holders when displaying a permit in the windscreen with all details visible.

By parking or remaining at this site otherwise than in accordance with the above you, the driver, are agreeing to the following contractual terms:

You are agreeing to pay a ‘parking charge’ in the sum of £100, to be paid within 28 days of issue. This is reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.

You will be liable for additional parking charges for each and every subsequent 24 hour period that the vehicle remains or if it returns at any time.

Where a parking charge notice is affixed to the vehicle or given to the driver then failure to pay the charge within 28 days may result in the vehicles keeper details being requested from the DVLA. Otherwise, the keepers details may be requested immediately so that a notice can be sent to the keeper.

Enforcement action may incur additional costs that will be added to the value of the parking charge and for which you will be liable on an indemnity basis.’
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure