»

All inclusive holiday was woefully poor- complaints route?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

All inclusive holiday was woefully poor- complaints route?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
15 replies 1.2K views
Andrew1981Andrew1981 Forumite
12 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
Hi, I hope someone can advise.

My girlfriend and i booked a holiday through Loveholidays - flights, transfer, hotel. The hotel - all-inclusive in eqypt was billed as 5 star.ive been on enough holidays to know that Egypt 5 star isn't really a 5 star, but this was something else.

You may have seen in the paper yesterday about a partly demolished hotel in Hurghada..this was the neighbouring hotel with shared facilities. The complaints, : ..

No beer for the first 2 days (in an all inclusive!!!)
Inedible food
Virtually no entertainment
Shoddy rooms with broken fittings
Multiple advertised facilities didn't exist like mini golf, volleyball table tennis.
The entire gym spa facility was closed the whole time
The hotel grounds were downright dangerous, eg to walk to the gym you had to walk past derelict buildings, holes in the ground, piles of rubble, broken windows empty swimming pools - with nothing to stop to entering these areas. Very relaxing ' dream' holiday .

We moved after 4 days. I complained to love holidays on day 1. In a slow to and fro they asked for photos which I sent etc. By day 4 they said it was 'wear and tear'.... No beer and closed facilities?!
We moved to another hotel that i just booked on booking.com .that was fantastic with everything as advertised. Love holidays are now saying that as we moved we have no claim.

I have photos and videos, witness statements. It is ATOL holiday and booked with credit card.

What would you suggest is the right route? The hotel element cost £400, plus multiple hours spent complaining and it really did ruin the holiday. Im not after compo, just money back for the rubbish hotel that was a clear case of misrepresentation.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Replies

• GangaGanga Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you name the hotel in question so others do not fall into the same trap.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    9.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can evidence your claim, raise a section 75 claim with your card provider.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • I can evidence as listed below. So is it better to go section 75 than with ATOL?

It was the emerald hotel, as part of golden 5 city. Avoid it all!!
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    14.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not wish to sound unsympathetic and this has no bearing on your claim (as clearly any description should be as advertised) what was the £400 element for - two, one of you, how many days? It perhaps may have given an indication of what you might expect (which should not have been different to that advertised).
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    But bear in mind that this is the "off season" so prices are much lower to try and attract custom. Thus price isn't as significant as you believe - £400 could still be relatively high.
    Diary of a madman
    Entries of confusion
    14.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoaM wrote: »
    But bear in mind that this is the "off season" so prices are much lower to try and attract custom. Thus price isn't as significant as you believe - £400 could still be relatively high.

Unless I missed it, I am not sure when the OP travelled. This may well be the "off season" and it may be the peak season. So the price may be insignificant or significant.
  • I travelled last week, so very much off season. It was the price for two for just the hotel. It's towards the lower end of the 5 star All inclusive, but there are plenty cheaper, and of course a lot more expensive. Trip advisor reviews seemed ok, with it being rated #60/237 hotels, but i suspect many of those were fake. We paid for 7 nights.
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless I missed it, I am not sure when the OP travelled. This may well be the "off season" and it may be the peak season. So the price may be insignificant or significant.

A fair comment, but I presumed the OP would have been relating a recent experience not one from months ago. As it happens the OP has confirmed by belief. :)
    Diary of a madman
    Entries of confusion
    14.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoaM wrote: »
    A fair comment, but I presumed the OP would have been relating a recent experience not one from months ago. As it happens the OP has confirmed by belief. :)

Thankfully the OP has updated which means you don't have to guess that I could have meant months ago or perhaps longer. As it is, I didn't know and neither did you.
  • edited 15 November 2019 at 2:32AM
    baza52baza52 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 November 2019 at 2:32AM
    less than £30 a day for AI. what did you expect lol

Also why would you take the dangerous walk to the gym if it was closed for the duration of you're stay?
    quote "The entire gym spa facility was closed the whole time
    The hotel grounds were downright dangerous, eg to walk to the gym you had to walk past derelict buildings, holes in the ground, piles of rubble, broken windows empty swimming pools - with nothing to stop to entering these areas"