Anglian Water Single Person Discount

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Water Bills
6 replies 2.2K views
20SmthngSver20SmthngSver Forumite
507 posts
100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Water Bills
I've been told that if you ring up you water company, you can get a single person discount. One of my friends said he had done It a few years ago, though I'm not sure who his provider was at the time.

Anyone with Anglian Water and know if this is the case?

Replies

• matelodavematelodave Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try ringing Anglian Water or even trawling their website - they are the people who should know.

However if you get a water meter then you'll only pay for the water you use, a bit like gas and leccy
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • FebruarycatFebruarycat Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    They do a LITE tariff, I changed to this last year. Give them a ring as you do have to be assessed and they will tell you after answering some questions if you qualify.
    OnePoll = £25 18/10/19 £25 6/7/19
    Pureprofile = £25.00 16/3/19
    PanelOpinion = £10.59 4.1.19 - £10.35 19/9/19
  • 20SmthngSver20SmthngSver Forumite
    507 posts
    ✭✭
    Ah okay. I see it says "A discount will be awarded where your bill represents a large proportion of your disposable income." so I'm not sure what % they would class as a large proportion of disposable income.
  • CardewCardew Forumite
    28.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been told that if you ring up you water company, you can get a single person discount. One of my friends said he had done It a few years ago, though I'm not sure who his provider was at the time.

Anyone with Anglian Water and know if this is the case?

A few years ago Anglian had a 'SoLow' tariff that was for those with very low consumption - in essence single people. That tariff was axed to the dismay of many on this forum.

If you apply for a meter and one cannot be fitted, you can go on an 'assessed tariff' and that has a discount for single person households.
  • FebruarycatFebruarycat Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    Ah okay. I see it says "A discount will be awarded where your bill represents a large proportion of your disposable income." so I'm not sure what % they would class as a large proportion of disposable income.

If you go onto their website you can fill in the form or there is a 0800 number to ring and they will tell you if you qualify, you do have to give details of what you pay out on other bills etc.
    OnePoll = £25 18/10/19 £25 6/7/19
    Pureprofile = £25.00 16/3/19
    PanelOpinion = £10.59 4.1.19 - £10.35 19/9/19
  • 20SmthngSver20SmthngSver Forumite
    507 posts
    ✭✭
    It's a new build so it will have a water meter. Shame they axed that SoLow tariff. My consumption would be very little. I'd be away from home with work 3 days a week and I shower at the gym. I'd only be flushing toilets, boiling a kettle, filling a saucepan and having a glass of water really.