Pre-mortgage credit file clean up

Options

Comments

• Miked23
    Miked23 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Ben don’t concern yourself with the phone bill, that’s my mistake I’m taking responsibility for. It’s paid and I will have it amended to say it’s settled. It’s this loan I’m worried about, yes it defaulted jun 2009. I was chased by 4 debt recovery agencies and ignored them all, the last contact was the last payment in February 2009. Bailiffs hounded me until 2015 and then it stopped (I assumed that was because 6 years had passed) and that’s the last I ever heard until getting my report 3 weeks ago. The loan wasn’t at my current address but they have sent letters here.
    Your asking the same questions as me here, I also don’t understand why they sent letters to my brothers address.
  • Miked23
    Options
    Hi W2L,

I’ve never acknowledged the debt, Simply stopped paying it feb 2009.

I had a letter from them jun 2009 saying the account was to be closed on this date. Also my credit report shows the account defaulted on the same date. I e never replied to any letters or answered any calls.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If the account defaulted in 2009 then it won’t be visible on your credit files to this day.
  • Miked23
    Options
    And it wasn’t visible on my last credit check in 2016 (free Experian report which I cancelled) but now it’s visible as a CCJ as stated above. I agree with you !!! so do you have any advice on what I do? Because this is the case, that is exactly what happened.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    @Miked23,

If it were me, I would probably write to the bank loan provider with a SAR, to request documentary evidence of the default date and cause of action.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Miked23
    Options
    Ok W2L, I take it I have nothing to lose in contacting them given that I now have the CCJ. Can I also request any documents from the county court? This is all very fishy for me and definitely shouldn’t of been allowed to go to court.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Miked23 wrote: »
    Bailiffs hounded me until 2015 and then it stopped .
    I very much doubt that. Your post has now lost all credability in my eyes.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah so it defaulted in 2009, if Bailiffs stopped hounding in 2015 then you could have had ccj some point inbetween - bailiffs attend as a warrant of control would have been issued to enforce a CCJ. It could be they sold the debt on and the new debt collector applied to have the CCJ owner changed so they can enforce it again.

Have you checked credit files for links to your brothers address, it could have got from there if showing a link.
  • Miked23
    Options
    Ben, you literally are zero help to this thread. Why do you bother posting, if I was lying about any of this.... it would be as pointless as you.

Thanks nic_c
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Re the address the letter was sent too, I take it you didnt move address at some point. If you didnt move address I find it odd how the letter was sent to another address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure