PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is this house appropriately priced?

Options

Comments

• opteron
    Options
    I prefer the second one.

In my opinion, the internal fittings and decorations of the second one are in a better condition and their style matches my personal taste much better.

If I were to buy the second one I can move in without renovation. But for the first one I will need to refurbish the bathrooms and completely change the colour scheme of bedrooms and the kitchen. The cost of refurbishment outweighs the benefit of having a conservatory.

Given the fact that second one sold at 171,500 last year, if I were to table an offer for the first one it would be 171,500 - refurbishment cost.
  • Silvertabby
    Options
    Another agreement with Davesnave. That conservatory looks like a flat pack bodge-it-yourself job, and so reduces the value of the house.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Options
    Wait for it to sell and you'll then know.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Help1234 wrote: »
    I just want subjective opinions if anyone is willing to give one.
    Many thanks

Might be worth 150k IMO, could still lose value depending on Brexit/Corbyn/China etc.
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    The cheapo conservatory will not add value.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    I also agree that the cheap looking conservatory doesn't add value/improve the property.

The second house is far better, imho.
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Hectors_House
    Options
    Hard to tell.

The difference in price could be explained by the years difference and the fact it has an extra room effectively.

Personally, I think the one that sold back in 2018 looked like more money had been spent on the interior - it’s the one I would choose out of the two (a decent conservatory can be added later).
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    Both look gloomy and dark with grotty kitchens
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Both look gloomy and dark with grotty kitchens

So nice of you to wait a whole month before commenting. I'm sure the OP values your input.
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    bigisi wrote: »
    So nice of you to wait a whole month before commenting. I'm sure the OP values your input.

Not all of us can be browsing the internet every day you know, some of us have other things to do.
    If I choose to catch up and post replies to posts I am free to do so.
    Also, did the OP instruct you as their agent to follow up replies? :rotfl:
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family