Where to start? Divorce, child, mortgage etc

Options
2»

Comments

• Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah some husbands think their wives are unstable, emotional, aggressive etc but if they looked at their own behaviour there might be a clue why.

Probably best to go to a lawyer and work out the divorce details.

Good luck
  • onwards&upwards
    Options
    flanker6 wrote: »
    Maybe the wife is only aggressive towards the OP.
    The OP has obviously initiated the break up and oftentimes the remaining party feels resentment.

So, I was right in my second sentence then?
  • flanker6
    Options
    So, I was right in my second sentence then?

Well, not really. It was a judgemental, disingenuous statement.

The OP could have left his partner due to long term problems that could not be resolved.

The "sleeping with other women and leaving her to be a single mum" infers that those two have a causal relationship.
    It also implies that the husband has been sleeping with more than one woman. I didn't see him say that.

The part about leaving her to be a single mum is heartbreaking for many men. The courts will award primary custody to one of the parents. So being forced to be a part time father - or a single mum - is a consequence of any relationship breakdown. But sometimes a relationship is so broken that it just can't be fixed. So it becomes a matter of choosing the "least worst option."
  • onwards&upwards
    Options

The "sleeping with other women and leaving her to be a single mum" infers that those two have a causal relationship.
    It also implies that the husband has been sleeping with more than one woman. I didn't see him say that.

Ah ok, so cheating is less hurtful if your partner only does it with one other woman he really likes?
  • flanker6
    Options
    Ah ok, so cheating is less hurtful if your partner only does it with one other woman he really likes?

I'm missing the part where he said he cheated.
    I thought the OP implied that he moved out and is NOW in a relationship.

And cheating is always hurtful. But, the hurt is also due to the fact of a complete relationship breakdown. People are far less likely to cheat if they are in a happy, contented relationship.
  • onwards&upwards
    Options
    I'm missing the part where he said he cheated.
    I thought the OP implied that he moved out and is NOW in a relationship.

Riiiiight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport