Received cheque from executor

Options
124»

Comments

• Jules987
    Options
    thank you I have tried this twice with them and still they won’t budge. They say it’s possible to pay it in and my bank is saying not. I have Will and Probate official letters saying I am sole executor. At my wits end with it. I have now made a complaint and they said could take up to 8 weeks! 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 June 2020 at 10:45PM
    Options
    I lodged  cheques payable to the 'executor of  XXX - (my  husband) ' in my account with no problem. 
     Maybe  try another bank. 
    Did your partner have any bank accounts? I so, what happened to the money in them?
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jules987 said:
    thank you I have tried this twice with them and still they won’t budge. They say it’s possible to pay it in and my bank is saying not. I have Will and Probate official letters saying I am sole executor. At my wits end with it. I have now made a complaint and they said could take up to 8 weeks! 
    You might find it simplest to open a savings account in the name of 'The Executors of....' (don't worry too much about the fact you are sole executor), which most banks will be more than happy to do. 
  • Jules987
    Options
    sheramber said:
    I lodged  cheques payable to the 'executor of  XXX - (my  husband) ' in my account with no problem. 
     Maybe  try another bank. 
    Did your partner have any bank accounts? I so, what happened to the money in them?
    Thank you. Yes he banked with Halifax but his account was frozen, Money then transferred to me.   I did ask them about it and they said to go back to the cheque issuer, however they said I could open an account with a 45 minute telephone interview.  Maybe this is what I will have to do. 
  • Jules987
    Options
    Brynsam said:
    Jules987 said:
    sheramber said:
     Maybe  try another bank. 
    Thank you. Yes he banked with Halifax but his account was frozen, Money then transferred to me.   I did ask them about it and they said to go back to the cheque issuer, however they said I could open an account with a 45 minute telephone interview.  Maybe this is what I will have to do. 

Jules987 said:
    You might find it simplest to open a savings account in the name of 'The Executors of....' (don't worry too much about the fact you are sole executor), which most banks will be more than happy to do. 
    Thank you. I will try this. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure